Will the Nexus S have the dual core Orion?

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I hope so but I doubt it. The rumored Nexus 2/S or Samsung Elite looks like a finished product. I don't see a dualcore cpu with quadcore gpu phone coming until summer of 2011 or later.

Here is a better article and pics. They had it running on a big motherboard. Looks like it's not ready for phone size application.

Samsung Orion dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 chip spotted in the wild -- Engadget

I would buy it the day it come out though!

Last edited:

uberspeed

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
If the rumored hardware is true it looks like a beast. That said the design looks bland, battery life will be a concern and with Samsung's track record of updates I'd be wary of it unless it's Google handling the OS directly.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Yup looks like Androidandme is reporting that the next generation Galaxy is in fact dual-core. Don't know if this is the Next-generation Nexus.

Another trusted source confirms dual-core Samsung phone ? Android and Me

Eldar's tweet mentions he's using the i9100. The FCC, and everything leaked so far has the Nexus S pegged as the i9020. I think Eldar has the Elite -- that crazy fast phone from sammy scheduled for next year.

Hope I'm wrong. If it's dual core, and Android now supports dual core CPUs, I'm buying it even though it's a Samsung -- sight unseen.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Im guessing we wont be seeing this Samsung Elite in local stores till mid summer next year. As of now, NEXUS S!!!!...(with some sort of case to cover that "not so pretty" back)

I wonder if the elite will have an updated version of touchwiz or vanilla?

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I am praying for vanilla android. How great would it be if Google handled the software as with the N1?

~ Sophos

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this will have it... if it does, that would be awesome. I just want Samsung to confirm this bad boy already, I really was about to run out of options, not a lot of good GSM devices here in the states... most of it goes to CDMA.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this will have it... if it does, that would be awesome. I just want Samsung to confirm this bad boy already, I really was about to run out of options, not a lot of good GSM devices here in the states... most of it goes to CDMA.

Im stuck on AT&T...so my options are even smaller. Hopefully there will be another Nexus S with AT&T band like the n1.

heikkih

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll be really surprised if the Nexus S isn't the GT-i9020 and thus a single-core Hummingbird.

Anything saying something else is just an amalgamation of rumours and mostly based on one hit-harvesting-blog-post from Android And Me.

The GT-i9100 is undoubtedly an Orion phone, but I'll guess we won't see it publicly until CES and then with a release-date at feb '11 at the earliest.

However, if my calculated guess is wrong and the Nexus S == i9100, I'll be the first in the line for one :D

heikkih

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Colour me impressed by Samsung's development-speed. Will we see a pre-CES announcement/release for the Nexus S just like for the Nexus One last january?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star