12-08-2010 03:34 PM
67 123
tools
    Especially when comparing to my DINC, I don't think I'll upgrade.

Weird that standby time has increased so much, but talk time has decreased significantly. Must be new battery/task management.
    12-07-2010 11:19 AM
    Just because it said "None" under the expandable memory doesn't mean it doesn't come with a slot for it. It just means they aren't bundling a microSD in with the phone.

16gigs of apps, music, photos, video is more than enough. I don't use that much on my Vibrant. They probably don't wanna give away SD cards when the internal storage is fine.
    I don't think so man. If you look at the comparison page (Google Phone Gallery) and compare it to any other phone (let's say Nexus One for argument's sake), the N1 just says "microSD" under removable storage. Then in parenthesis it notes that a 4gb card is bundled.

Sidenote: Apparently this phone also has no notification light/led... :-/
    12-07-2010 11:58 AM
    It's a little disappointing that this isn't a bigger feature bump. I understand that there is no dual-core since 3.0 is where the support for it is supposed to start.

I hope that there is expandable storage, although not a deal breaker for me. I've never removed my 16GB MicroSD from my N1 anyway.

I like the larger screen, the addition of a few small tech bumps. It is a performance upgrade, though not a big one. It may not be enough to drive current Android users to it, but it may be enough to sway some BB and iPhone users to Android.
    12-07-2010 12:48 PM
    It's a little disappointing that this isn't a bigger feature bump. I understand that there is no dual-core since 3.0 is where the support for it is supposed to start.

I hope that there is expandable storage, although not a deal breaker for me. I've never removed my 16GB MicroSD from my N1 anyway.

I like the larger screen, the addition of a few small tech bumps. It is a performance upgrade, though not a big one. It may not be enough to drive current Android users to it, but it may be enough to sway some BB and iPhone users to Android.
    I agree with ur last line there. I'm one of those BB hoping over to Android soon. I'm just waiting for AT&T version
    12-07-2010 12:56 PM
    Hey everyone, at least it's better than my Intercept and my old Cliq!

At least I'm on 2.1 now...

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk
    12-07-2010 01:02 PM
    I don't think so man. If you look at the comparison page (Google Phone Gallery) and compare it to any other phone (let's say Nexus One for argument's sake), the N1 just says "microSD" under removable storage. Then in parenthesis it notes that a 4gb card is bundled.

Sidenote: Apparently this phone also has no notification light/led... :-/
    Also, the Incredible didn't come with a microsd, but had the slot, and the site states this (stealing someone elses link):

Nexus S / Incredible Comparison

It looks to me like it has an LED just from the pictures. Same light and proximity sensors as my Incredible and the LED to the right (unless that's the front-facing camera...)
    12-07-2010 03:32 PM
    A strike against Nexus S' NFC? NFC In Gingerbread Is Crippled – It’s One-Way-Only, And Not The Way We Want | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

Engadget says NFC chip is not Samsung's: Samsung Nexus S utilizing NXP's PN544 NFC chip -- Engadget

Kind of disappointing to read these things considering NFC is one of the [few] things that is setting the Nexus S apart from the cream of the crop.
    12-07-2010 03:56 PM
    Its just like any other sammy phone, minus TW.

Nice display and hummingbird

Horrible build quality, and plastic-ish.

Thats how i feel at least
    12-07-2010 06:24 PM
    More evidence we should wait before jumping on the Nexus S?

Promise of something better from Samsung in Feb?

Could it be the Galaxy S2?
    12-07-2010 08:38 PM
    I agree with ur last line there. I'm one of those BB hoping over to Android soon. I'm just waiting for AT&T version
    If you really want to switch to Android, do yourself a favor and either leave AT&T or start looking for a mint Nexus One with AT&T bands. That's the best you'll do on that carrier.
    12-07-2010 08:40 PM
    I know the Nexus S is a slightly upgraded Galaxy S but the hardware was specifically designed for the software. The other phones that are currently out will not be able to fully take advantage of 2.3. The two main reasons that I will buy this phone are no carrier bloatware and faster updates.
    12-07-2010 08:53 PM
    how is Tmobile's coverage? That is another thing I am considering. I want this phone (or the N1 really) because I really want a stock experience...but cmon, Tmobile only?
    12-07-2010 09:54 PM
    I kinda agree with Bushido Brown's post on Page 1. No real reason to feel disappointed. It's got some of the best bits though it does leave out a few things like BT 3.0. NFC is nice though I don't know how I'd use it. Still a stock android SGS without the bloatware/manufacturer-related-bugs on it is a nice thing for all those who want the latest updates and such.
    12-08-2010 02:26 PM
    Besides if people were that disappointed with it, come on would there really be 1000s of replies on the Nexus S giveaway :P
    12-08-2010 02:28 PM
    I know the Nexus S is a slightly upgraded Galaxy S but the hardware was specifically designed for the software. The other phones that are currently out will not be able to fully take advantage of 2.3. The two main reasons that I will buy this phone are no carrier bloatware and faster updates.
    That's basically what buying the Nexus S is coming down to: essentially for the direct and clean Android experience. It's a shame that it comes at a hefty price, and I don't just mean the big $529 price tag. One has to give up HSPA+ support, expandable SD slot, and soon, dual-core processors. Of course, it's up to people's preferences how important those things are.
    12-08-2010 02:55 PM
    I think this dual core stuff won't be in our hands until 2nd half of 2011 as stated by the recent article from Texas Instruments. Perhaps Honeycomb will be designed for it and not Gingerbread at all.

We'll get announcements surely soon about it, but sounds to me that manufacturers won't have phones out until later in the year. I think Google knew this and that's why we got this Nexus S.
    12-08-2010 03:01 PM
    Besides if people were that disappointed with it, come on would there really be 1000s of replies on the Nexus S giveaway :P
    we like free stuff =) and i wouldnt doubt half of these people wanting to sell it if they win (but that's just my opinion)
    12-08-2010 03:34 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD