No HSPA+ T-Mobile Support

TeePoppa

May 4, 2010
Visit site
So this thing will not support TMO's 4G network, what is the use? I was so interested in giving this device a go and have along with my Evo but I think I'll just wait for Gingerbread to roll out from Sprint. They did beat every other carrier to the punch for the Evo with Froyo, so I'll just be patient!

dcviperboy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
First of all, no-carrier has a technical 4G (known as 100mb/sec+), and these are all 3.5g. That being said, I THINK google chose the phone based on the hardware from samsung, particularly the processor. I would imagine it is Samsung who actually chose the radio.

(This post is pure speculation of course, and I cant provide a link for factual information)

That being said - I also lament the exclusion of HSDPA+. When companies release a top of the line device, I think it should be top of the line in EVERY area.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What I'm worried about is if Samsung will release a second version of the Nexus S with a dual-core (and maybe even support for their "4G"?). Androidandme's article a few weeks ago (here: http://androidandme.com/2010/11/news...dy-in-testing/) had this to say:

"Testers with access to the Nexus S have reported seeing two versions of the phone which look fairly similar but the old one is single-core and the new one is dual-core."

It's obvious now that the leaked Best Buy specs from Phandroid last month were more or less true, but is there a dual-core Nexus S floating around out there still in testing perhaps? And if so, will it ever be released? Or was the dual-core actually a Galaxy S2, as rumored by Elder (here: Twitter).

Thoughts?

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
I doubt Google will release a ~reference~ phone that quickly after the Nexus S. No earlier than about this time next year. I'm very confused about the lack of "4G" and BT 3.0. The latter won't bother me much but the former is really confusing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam