12-09-2010 12:41 PM
44 12
tools
    I was hoping for dual core for the Nexus S. I think Google dropped the ball, reasoning being the dual core phones are coming out in the first quarter. TMobile/Google had the opportunity to be the fist with dual core with gingerbread. I bet Verizon will be first now.
    12-07-2010 06:25 AM
    Where does it say it does not have expandable memory on the google nexus site?
    Compare Phones – Google Phone Gallery
    12-07-2010 07:43 AM
    the nail in the coffin for me was the expandable storage

im getting a n1 now because i can't stand my iphone 3gs anymore
    then waiting for the next nexus assuming they don't f it up

hspa+
    dual core
    are semi acceptable

expandable storage just isnt
    its taking a huge step backwards esp when so many phones have expandable storage
    even the vibrant has a sd slot and this thing is basically a galaxy s device so why???
    12-07-2010 09:37 AM
    I've still got 11gig left on my 16gig MicroSD card in my Nexus one.

I can never be bothered to unload my pictures, and I have TV shows and Music on there for months that I have never even watched or listened to.

So I call BS on those that say they have to carry 32GB of music with them all the time. You don't listen to 32GB of music. You just carry it around as sort of a mine is bigger than yours sort of thing.

Still, I'd like to have a removable card.

Not for apps, because let's face it, install to MicroSD has not been a rip roaring success. Developers are slow to do it, only a few phones really need it, and that is because they were under-specd.

Maybe Google thinks this is not really necessary on a Dev phone, but it seems to be the easiest way to get new stuff into the phone fast. (OTOH, it has 802.11N, which is probably approaching the same effective speed as moving ROMs via MicroSD.)
    You sir are a closed minded *****... you seem just like the person to say mine is bigger then yours. I listen to music on my phone every single day at my desk at work and who are you to tell me how much music I'm aloud to bring with me each day. Are you saying I have to decide what music I should sync to my phone everyday. A lot of people use all the space they have...think before you type next time.
    12-07-2010 10:50 AM
    You sir are a closed minded *****... you seem just like the person to say mine is bigger then yours. I listen to music on my phone every single day at my desk at work and who are you to tell me how much music I'm aloud to bring with me each day. Are you saying I have to decide what music I should sync to my phone everyday. A lot of people use all the space they have...think before you type next time.
    I agree. Just because he doesnt use all of his memory, doesnt mean the rest of us dont. I usually dont use up all of my memory, but when I do need to, I hate having to delete something else to free some memory for it. That and when I switch phones. Save me a bundle of time to just remove the sd card and stick it into another phone

Also, I really dont understand why they would not put something so simple in after that whole issue with WP7 not coming with one. Oh, well. What's done is done.
    12-07-2010 11:37 AM
    Urgh! This is definitely something so stupid... it still isn't a big deal, considering they have their MUSIC CLOUD, remember that? Oh yeah, right! And unless you take a million stills and hours of video, however this is still garbage! I will be honest though, it speeds up start up time and I am writing this on my Vibrant, I still have a good 8 gigs left, for most devs this shouldn't matter and remember guys this is 16 gigs of ROM so there would be no point to use abduction SD card because essentially this is the SD card itself, however you can't back it up. Google dropped the ball with a lot of things, but I am still getting this.

Sent from my Vibrant
    12-07-2010 03:30 PM
    as of now, if ppl decided to get this, they will get it. If they still questioning themselves or complain about this or that, then it's best to hold on to your money for something better.

I'm probably going to wait, im pretty sure this phone will launch with it's own sets of bugs and problems. (then again which phone doesnt?)
    12-07-2010 05:02 PM
    More evidence we should wait before jumping on the Nexus S?

Promise of something better from Samsung in Feb?

Could it be the Galaxy S2?
    12-07-2010 08:38 PM
    LISTEN! All I am reading is that the Nexus S doesn't have this and doesn't have that and complain after complain! LISTEN PEOPLE! The Nexus S is going to be one of the best Android phones! Google probably didn't add SD card, 4G, dual core, or whatever else you whiners are complaing about because this will improve it in some way, it sounds stupid but it probably will. They are improving Android they know what to do they are doing this all for a certain reason. They are making Android, they know what will work and what won't. Android is evolving and soon we will see all of that plus more! Android knows what they are doing let them do their job. They made this phone specifically for Gingerbread and this is what they made Gingerbread to work on, they didn't revolve gingerbread around the Moto. Olympus/Terminator specs they revolved it around the Nexus S because that is what Gingerbread was made for soon Honeycomb may be revolved around the Specs of another phone but this phone (the Nexus S) was made specifically for Gingerbread and future systems. They do all of this for a reason, not because they are taking away from us but because they are improving it for us. Please take this under consideration. GO NEXUS S!
    12-07-2010 09:21 PM
    Where's my dock accessories? If there are no docks I'm not getting this. I need my car docks! More Cowbell! Lol
    12-07-2010 11:10 PM
    LISTEN! All I am reading is that the Nexus S doesn't have this and doesn't have that and complain after complain! LISTEN PEOPLE! The Nexus S is going to be one of the best Android phones! Google probably didn't add SD card, 4G, dual core, or whatever else you whiners are complaing about because Android isn't ready for that. They are improving Android they know what to do they are doing this all for a certain reason. They are making Android, they know what will work and what won't. Android is evolving and soon we will see all of that plus more! Android knows what they are doing let them do their job. They made this phone specifically for Gingerbread and this is what they made Gingerbread to work on, they didn't revolve gingerbread around the Moto. Olympus/Terminator specs they revolved it around the Nexus S because that is what Gingerbread was made for soon Honeycomb may be revolved around the Specs of another phone but this phone (the Nexus S) was made specifically for Gingerbread and future systems. They do all of this for a reason, not because they are taking away from us but because they are improving it for us. Please take this under consideration. GO NEXUS S!
    Android isn't ready for SD Card and 4G speeds? You sir are a *****, please refrain from making such baseless posts.
    12-07-2010 11:30 PM
    No led, no removable storage, no fast hspa+, no dual core, plastic, uhg! I still want one ; )
    12-07-2010 11:38 PM
    Another missing feature that no one is talking about is that this is the first official Google phone without a trackball. I think the reason why there is no expandable storage is because Google's cloud based music service will be out soon which will lessen the need for additional space. Another reason for no expandable storage is that the developers have not fully embraced Apps2sd in 2.2 due to piracy concerns. Overall if you look at the gaming enhancements, no expandable storage and even no trackball it is all about making it as easy for the developers as possible.
    12-08-2010 05:17 AM
    1. Cheap. Samsung wanted to make a slimmer/lighter/cheaper to manufacture phone and decided to lose the microSD port. This device already takes quite a step backwards from the N1 in terms of build quality. This line of thinking by Samsung is essentially the same rationale Palm followed when deciding to ape Apple for their WebOS devices instead of following the BB/Android model of expandable storage.
    This line of thinking blaming Samsung for not having removeable SD makes no sense to me..... so if you are saying its samsungs doing then you are saying that google said "Hey Samsung, make a phone and slap the name Nexus on it" That makes absolutely no sense. I'm sure google told them what they wanted and Samsung built it. Plain and simple.
    12-08-2010 05:46 AM
    n1 users shouldnt upgrade...really

unless you want nfc and a front camera

really the difference is so little
    i'd imagine it's only a tiny bit snappier than a n1 with 2.3

that being said

i just bought a n1 today now i need to get rid of my 32gb 3gs anyone want to buy?
    12-08-2010 03:56 PM
    Im still getting this phone but I would like to know whats the deal with no hspa+ and no expandable storage. Wish google would address these issues with a reason
    12-08-2010 04:03 PM
    Im still getting this phone but I would like to know whats the deal with no hspa+ and no expandable storage. Wish google would address these issues with a reason
    They might eventually come out and explain it, but there's no mystery. I think Google and Sammy partnered up mid-year, likely during or immediately after the success of the Galaxy S, and rushed a Nexus branded "flagship" phone to launch Gingerbread before Xmas. Samsung didn't have their dual-cores ready in time of production, nor had their processors ready to be optimized for HSPA+ in time either. And so, we have the Nexus S.

Edit: However, Google/Sammy should explain their decision for lowering HD recording, downgrading bluetooth, and omitting an expandable SD card slot. Those decisions are baffling.

I don't think Google/Sammy should get away with it. Getting a Nexus S comes at a hefty price - not just the $529 price tag. It also means giving up HSPA+, expandable SD slot, and soon, dual-cores as 2011 rolls midway. To some, it will be worth it.
    12-08-2010 04:08 PM
    Micros SD slot is more than enough. Expandable memory is a good option.

desktop hard drive
    12-09-2010 12:31 PM
    I don't think Google/Sammy should get away with it. Getting a Nexus S comes at a hefty price - not just the $529 price tag. It also means giving up HSPA+, expandable SD slot, and soon, dual-cores as 2011 rolls midway. To some, it will be worth it.
    Those are all show stoppers for me. Squeezing in one more NFC chip should not kill high-end radios AND expandable storage.

Sammy did a cheap shot. I'm waiting for HTC to do it right.
    12-09-2010 12:41 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD