One of the items that potentially was very disappointing to me yesterday was that from the Tech Specs Nexus S – The new Android phone from Google, it says 720x480 video resolution. But, I noticed this morning on the "Features" page, under "rear and front-facing cameras" is the blurb:

T
    he rear-facing 5 megapixel camera is capable of taking stunning pictures and HD videos that you can share with friends and family. The front-facing camera can take VGA quality images and video.
    So assuming this "is" a Galaxy S for all practical purposes, then maybe we will have 720p native recording, and the 720x480 is simply the screen resolution for playback.

Thoughts?
    12-07-2010 10:20 AM
    720x480 = 480P

I was a bit disappointed when I saw the 720x480 video spec. I'd like to join you in hoping that this is only the display resolution for playback....but I kinda doubt it
    12-07-2010 11:45 AM
    Those were my thoughts yesterday, but I cannot imagine they would have "fat-fingered" the HD video mention in that camera section on the feature page But we won't know until we see some real in-depth reviews I guess. I am actually quite hopeful. Not having 4G (HSPDA+) I can kind of see, also maybe not dual-core, but reverting the 480p SD video from HD 720p video that all other Galaxy S phones have seems flat out silly. I can live with no dual-core, no 4G, and no microSD slot, but not having HD recording capabilities would take all wind out of sails for a Best Buy trip on Dec. 16
    12-07-2010 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD