First Legitimate Nexus S Review

JoseN305

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Puzzling the downgrade to 480p recording. No dual-core? Fine. No HSPA+? Fine. No expandable memory? Fine. (All my music is on my ZuneHD anyways) but I dont see the benefit of no 720p. Wouldnt a 5MP sensor be able to record 720p? Can anyone explain this?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I saw the Advanced Task Killer in the notification bar when they were demoing the keyboard - tisk tisk, they should know better.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I didn't read the review, but I did check the specs. I thought the people complaining about the lack of dual core were being spoiled babies, and that while removing the SD slot wasn't exactly a good thing, 16 GBs of storage is still alot of space. but after reading more about the phone, it just seems like a waste of money from the consumer POV. Save the FFC, its actually an inferior device to the Vibrant which is practically the same device, only 100 dollars cheaper. Even the unsubsidized price of the Vibrant saves you 30$. To add injury to insult, Samsung(again) 86d the LED notification light, which really disturbs me because this is supposed to be a Dev phone, hence, the "Pure Google Experience Phone". How can a dev code an app to utilize a LED when there isn't one present???? Is this the direction Google wants to go? No removable storage, and no notification lgiht? We already have one of those. It has an Apple logo on the back of it.

It would seem that the most logical step would have been to release a
HTC device based off of the mytouch 4G hardware running 2.3 sans Sense UI of course, with the Genius Button replaced by a standard Android search button. Basically a beefier Nexus One, but oh well.

That's about all the rant I had left in me for 2010. I'll reload for next year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty