Best Buy Availability

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've never bought a cell phone through Best Buy, especially on launch day. What can I expect in terms of availability and demand?

Thats really tough to say, but i have been told that if they sell out on site they will have phones shipped next day.

but for example, Droid 2 R2D2 phone, the day they came out the stores were empty no one bought them and they had alot in stock.

i know the Nexus S is a different but i dont imagine they will sell out right away.

Reactions: TuxDotKing

JoseN305

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Going to best buy on the morning of the 16th will give you a good indication of how many tech geeks live within your city.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a big item from Apple or a game like Black Ops that needs a midnight opening. I'm sure you will be fine. It's not being heavily advertised so not many people would know about it. But hopefully that doesn't mean that each Best Buy has less than 5 on Dec 16th.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a big item from Apple or a game like Black Ops that needs a midnight opening. I'm sure you will be fine. It's not being heavily advertised so not many people would know about it. But hopefully that doesn't mean that each Best Buy has less than 5 on Dec 16th.

I have to agree with your comment. There will most likely be more than enough phones available.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My BB is always slow and I don't expect any lines, etc. If the S was being sold elsewhere I would avoid BB at all costs. I really don't care to give them my business.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to say and I guess depends on the volume of business your local BB does. I preordered the iPhone 4 on release day and there were 23 preorders for the iphone and on the first day of shipment they received only 6, which I was #13 on the waiting list. Then I got a call later in the afternoon as they received another shipment later that day and got another 8 phones. So 7 people who had preordered the iphone did not receive it on release day. Goodluck!

bcohen44

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I wish BB would get their act together. Nobody seems to know ANYTHING about this phone and how launch day is going to work.

Not totally true:
Nexus S Inventory Quantities At Best Buy Leaked [Tipster Reports How Many Phones Each Best Buy Will Have - You May Want To Get There Early Depending] ? TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

I called my local main Best Buy store, they are not a Tmobile provider, and said they are getting very few, and have had a reasonable amount of inquiries. I then called my local Best Buy Mobile in my local mall, and the person said they are taking names for a wait list, I was the 3rd person, and she told me they have lot more in stock then they thought, she said 75 units in stock ready to sell Thrus. morning. So all this jives with the info from the above link I provided....

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So far I am watching all the consumer youtube videos and unboxings. So far everyone is very pleased. PLUS I watched a few videos of uploaded video recorded from the Nexus S and it looks really good. I cant wait until 720. I am going to be heading out in a few to run some errands and I am going to stop in to a BB and tinker with one. I ordered mine this morning but have no self control on patience.:D

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought one and it feels a lot like Vibrant.

The battery was dead when I tried to turn it on. I'm using it now, just doing a few different things and it seems like a nice phone. I would say for anyone who bought another Android phone within the past two-three months don't get a Nexus S, it's not much of an upgrade. Gingerbread is not bad either, seems a little faster but besides that not a lot of noticeable difference.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Pretty lame to me as I live in South Bay Area about an hour from Google and the BB here didn't receive any phones yet. EPIC FAIL on BB for launch of the Nexus S!

chrispix

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
so - is it worth it? anyone bought and had a chance to play with their Nexus S?

I just got one and will be returning, only because I am going to get my nexus one fixed instead of spending the $580 (inc tax). If my N1 was lost, or broken beyond repair I would keep it. Still a little frustrated that it is single core, and the 3.5mm jack is on bottom of phone.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Update: Went to BB and as of 3pm, they told me they were still waiting for the Nexus and they didn't receive their shipment and would be getting them in a few days. BB seriously is a disappointment, wouldn't you have shipped the devices a day or two in advance before the launch day. They didn't even have a demo! I live an hour away from Google and you would think that they if anybody would have them being close to Google. I've decided to wait now til the ATT version comes out and stick with my N1 and iPhone 4!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22