CNET: Six Things to Not Love About the Nexus S

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
CNET is spot on, no microSD is a deal breaker for me. 16 GB is nice but come on... you can get a prepaid phone with an SD slot these days!!

The SD slot was left out for a reason. I am sure google is aware that even cheap phones have SD card slots. There are reasons for this inconvenience. What are they? Is it a good reason or a bad one? I have no idea but I am sure that we will find out in a short time from now.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The SD slot was left out for a reason. I am sure google is aware that even cheap phones have SD card slots. There are reasons for this inconvenience. What are they? Is it a good reason or a bad one? I have no idea but I am sure that we will find out in a short time from now.

A lot of people over at XDA are explaining that the choice of the iNAND memory is to have games load data faster. Google wants to really make a stake into gaming with the Nexus S. This could be the reason.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What really grinds my gears about this article is when he says "Hopefully, Sammy isn't copying Apple's move of not adding external memory to the iPhone."

It annoys me to no end when people act like this was samsungs decision. this is a Google phone that they requested with the features they wanted and Samsung delivered.

its like going to Subway and saying i want a Ham&chesse sandwich with no lettuce or tomato.

then i give it to my girlfriend and she says , damn it i wanted lettuce and tomato.

who is to blame Subway or me. Me of course thats what i asked for.

maybe i went to far with my analogy but you get my point