The official "I just ordered my Nexus S/I just got my Nexus S" thread

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
BB seems to be making things up as they go as well. The store I got mine from was doing new contracts and add a lines while not being a tmobile carrier. Not sure how many they had but it was enough for me to get one.:p

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So I got an email about an hour ago saying there was a problem with my order. Turned out that BB and T-Mobile didnt communicate with each other and information was no shared. I was out shopping and decided to come home and relax. I almost didnt and if I had waited I would not have received the phone tomorrow. So far on a scale of 1-10 when it comes to the whole experience, 10 being the highest, BB Mobile is a 2.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy has royally screwed up this launch for Google. Google should've stuck to what they did with the N1 and done more advertising for the Nexus S, instead of dealing with Best Buy! :mad:

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today. What can I say but...

OMGWTFBBQILOVETHISPHONE :D

Seriously, the damn thing is perfect. I was all set, considering all of the bad things I heard about Samsung (I've never owned one of their phones until now) to take it out of the box and get a creaky, cheap feeling POS; but this phone feels nice and solid, with even weight distribution. The build quality, IMO is great, feeling even better than my Droid 1.

It's a snappy little thing too, and the screen is beautiful. And it only took a minute, but I'm already rooted.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my verdict is: If this thing ever made it to Verizon, I'd drop my Droid entirely in a heartbeat. It's a truly great phone. :)

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today. What can I say but...

OMGWTFBBQILOVETHISPHONE :D

Seriously, the damn thing is perfect. I was all set, considering all of the bad things I heard about Samsung (I've never owned one of their phones until now) to take it out of the box and get a creaky, cheap feeling POS; but this phone feels nice and solid, with even weight distribution. The build quality, IMO is great, feeling even better than my Droid 1.

It's a snappy little thing too, and the screen is beautiful. And it only took a minute, but I'm already rooted.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my verdict is: If this thing ever made it to Verizon, I'd drop my Droid entirely in a heartbeat. It's a truly great phone. :)

Haha. Good for you man. Even know this experience has been terrible, I cant wait to get mine.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I picked one up, seeing as no one where I live gives a crap about this stuff, I was the only person outside a Best Buy at 7 in the morning....

Sent from my Nexus S

Sesro1978

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just set mine up and am loving it!! I haven't done a whole bunch with the phone at this point but what I have done has been zippy, intuitive, and even a little fun.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So at the best buys where I live (chicago-land area) they haven't had a display for this phone, not even the non-working dummy phones. How are people, other then us nerds, gonna know about this thing? Ad sense? It really irritated me that I had to ask a rep to see it and the whole time they were trying to sell it to me when I said I was "just looking". I've been to 4 best buys (christmas shopping=nightmare) and none of them actually had a nexus s working or dummy unit on display. Was bizarre.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
So at the best buys where I live (chicago-land area) they haven't had a display for this phone, not even the non-working dummy phones. How are people, other then us nerds, gonna know about this thing? Ad sense? It really irritated me that I had to ask a rep to see it and the whole time they were trying to sell it to me when I said I was "just looking". I've been to 4 best buys (christmas shopping=nightmare) and none of them actually had a nexus s working or dummy unit on display. Was bizarre.

I was gonna go to my local BB which is 30 mins away at 8am on launch day and glad I didn't cause they never received any phones! They said maybe in 2-3 days. People who have ordered the Nexus while it said "In Stock, guaranteed Xmas delivery" are getting notifications it is now on back order and will be shipped in 1-2 weeks. BB has screwed this launch of the Nexus S up royally!

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy was a very big mistake, Google should make stores that are all Google colours and sell the Nexus S for 300 with a T-Mobile contract or 600 locked out of contract.

Sent from my Nexus S

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Finally got mine delivered today. I love it. Very nice and its definitely my favorite Android device to date. I installed a full body invisible shield and I am good to go. FU Best Buy.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Finally got mine delivered today. I love it. Very nice and its definitely my favorite Android device to date. I installed a full body invisible shield and I am good to go. FU Best Buy.

Wow! Barely got yours today? I went to BB today and asked the guy who I've known for a bit about the Nexus and what happened today. He said they received them on launch day in the evening. They were supposed to get a shipment in the morning before opening and it never came. I left my number for one of the reps during launch day and never got a call!

InfestedAdam

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Got mine last Friday after calling multiple Best Buy stores until finding a Best Buy Mobile store that actually carried them. First Smartphone I've ever had since upgrading from my Samsung t219 flip phone and thus far been enjoying it. Still learning how to use it though >.> Have had lots of "Ooo I can do this?" moments.

Battery life is kinda worrying me a bit. Been trying to keep stuff running at a minimum unless I need it. Kinda hoping it can go a little over a day without charging for the occasional weekend Boy Scout campouts that I attend.

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
On a whim, I went on a quest to pick one up last Saturday. My first Android! The closest BB is 50 minutes away from where I live. When I got there, they told me they sold the last one the day prior. So I did a search for the nearest BB (thanks to Poynt app on BlackBerry) and it was another 45 minutes drive, in Bluffton, SC. Needless to say, I got lucky as it was the last one they had on stock.

njd915

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Got mine at best buy...although the reps didn't know what phone I was talking about..I had to show them a picture of it....they asked me "for what carrier is it" and I said its and unlocked phone and you can use it for tmobile....and the people were like " we will never carry unlocked devices..so I jus spoke to a manager and sold me the phone and case with clip!