The official "I just ordered my Nexus S/I just got my Nexus S" thread

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Good morning guys and happy Nexus S day :p

I sit here patiently waiting for 15 more minutes before I can order my Nexus S. I wonder how many of you are up right now waiting too...

Anyway, share your order experience. Hopefully it goes smoothly and nothing like iPhone 4 day (boy what a mess).

And if you were one of the few in line to grab one, share your thoughts, share some pics!

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine from CPW in the UK on announcement day. They've taken payment... just waiting for it to ship "before the end of December".

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Why am I not surprised? Still shows as coming soon on the page..:(

I got the same thing. Hmm I wonder if you're on the West Coast if it will change at 8am instead. I woke up a few mins ago to possibly purchase online but if I can't get it here in the next few mins I'll make a trip to BB store.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So finally 15 min later, I was able to unlock it. Placed my order and everything went smooth. No issues or hiccups. For some reason they called the data plan for the phone 4G, probably doesn't mean anything but I am going to call in to T-Mobile make sure I am not getting charged for 4G service when this isn't a 4G phone. Expedited delivery was free as promised. And now I guess I will go back to bed!

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I got the same thing. Hmm I wonder if you're on the West Coast if it will change at 8am instead. I woke up a few mins ago to possibly purchase online but if I can't get it here in the next few mins I'll make a trip to BB store.

I thought that at first, that I might have gotten up early for nothing and that us west coast people will have to wait until 8 AM PST. Alas the page unlocked and I ordered. It was late but it should be up and running for you now.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought that at first, that I might have gotten up early for nothing and that us west coast people will have to wait until 8 AM PST. Alas the page unlocked and I ordered. It was late but it should be up and running for you now.

Wouldn't let me purchase w/o contract so looks like I'll make the trip to the store....back to bed I go!

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Bought one at 8am in store. 5 in stock and no one else buying at 8am. Can't wait till I have time to check it out this afternoon

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Very cool. I am incredibly jelous of those that get to tinker with thiers today. I have to wait until tomorrow. And lets hope I am around for the delivery man. So far I am reading over at the official BB Mobile FB page that there are lots of pissed off customers. BB seems to have fudged up this launch day big time. Some are reporting that they showed up to buy the phone and were told that they only had 2, some told that they didnt even know what the Nexus S is...WOW.

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Got mine!

Went to Best Buy this morning. They only had 4 in stock, and there were already 5 people waiting. Glad I was able to get one of the 4. Felt bad for the 5th guy.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Very cool. I am incredibly jelous of those that get to tinker with thiers today. I have to wait until tomorrow. And lets hope I am around for the delivery man. So far I am reading over at the official BB Mobile FB page that there are lots of pissed off customers. BB seems to have fudged up this launch day big time. Some are reporting that they showed up to buy the phone and were told that they only had 2, some told that they didnt even know what the Nexus S is...WOW.

Is yours coming tomorrow? When I checked this morning after 5am, it said usually ships in 2-5 days. I checked a lil while ago and now it says guaranteed by Xmas delivery. Good luck!

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I went to a local BB at 1130am and was told they only had 4, and they were all unlocked, and you had to pay full price. Anyone wanting an upgrade either had to do it online or do everything at the store and have it delivered tomorrow.

At first the sales rep had no idea what Nexus S was. He started telling me about Nexus One and how it can only be bought online. Another agent came over, he had no idea either. After about 15 minutes of arguing with them a manager came over and confirmed that they had four at that store and I was the first one. I am honestly not surprised that BB reps had no idea, they never have any idea about anything.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy said this about the expedited shipping and why some are seeing 2-5 days:

"Estimated shipping dates are a built-in element of our ordering process. In this case, the overnight shipping offer overrides them. A Nexus S ordered this morning should arrive tomorrow, barring any processing issues."

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
My dad was in the area of our local BB and the rep told him they did not receive their shipment of Nexus S phones and possibly may see them later this afternoon. Good thing I didn't get up early and make the 30 min drive to get one! I would've been pissed. Same thing happened with the release of the iPhone 4. They had only received 6 in the morning and then got another shipment in the afternoon of 8 more iphones. Best Buy really screwed this launch up!!

barbarianthemadserb

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up at the Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH. There were only three of us waiting. 35 Nexus S packages arrived and another 75 due tomorrow. I am having fun with mine now going thru all the menus and dowloading pgms I want.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up at the Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH. There were only three of us waiting. 35 Nexus S packages arrived and another 75 due tomorrow. I am having fun with mine now going thru all the menus and dowloading pgms I want.

The BB you went to must be a TMO carrier then. Have fun with it!

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site

I bet they'll be surprised (read pis$ed) when they only sell two more of them within the next seven days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad