12-22-2010 10:28 PM
38 12
tools
    Good morning guys and happy Nexus S day

I sit here patiently waiting for 15 more minutes before I can order my Nexus S. I wonder how many of you are up right now waiting too...

Anyway, share your order experience. Hopefully it goes smoothly and nothing like iPhone 4 day (boy what a mess).

And if you were one of the few in line to grab one, share your thoughts, share some pics!
    12-16-2010 06:47 AM
    Pre-ordered mine from CPW in the UK on announcement day. They've taken payment... just waiting for it to ship "before the end of December".
    12-16-2010 07:07 AM
    Why am I not surprised? Still shows as coming soon on the page..
    12-16-2010 07:08 AM
    Why am I not surprised? Still shows as coming soon on the page..
    I got the same thing. Hmm I wonder if you're on the West Coast if it will change at 8am instead. I woke up a few mins ago to possibly purchase online but if I can't get it here in the next few mins I'll make a trip to BB store.
    12-16-2010 07:12 AM
    So finally 15 min later, I was able to unlock it. Placed my order and everything went smooth. No issues or hiccups. For some reason they called the data plan for the phone 4G, probably doesn't mean anything but I am going to call in to T-Mobile make sure I am not getting charged for 4G service when this isn't a 4G phone. Expedited delivery was free as promised. And now I guess I will go back to bed!
    12-16-2010 07:19 AM
    I got the same thing. Hmm I wonder if you're on the West Coast if it will change at 8am instead. I woke up a few mins ago to possibly purchase online but if I can't get it here in the next few mins I'll make a trip to BB store.
    I thought that at first, that I might have gotten up early for nothing and that us west coast people will have to wait until 8 AM PST. Alas the page unlocked and I ordered. It was late but it should be up and running for you now.
    12-16-2010 07:20 AM
    I thought that at first, that I might have gotten up early for nothing and that us west coast people will have to wait until 8 AM PST. Alas the page unlocked and I ordered. It was late but it should be up and running for you now.
    Wouldn't let me purchase w/o contract so looks like I'll make the trip to the store....back to bed I go!
    12-16-2010 07:22 AM
    I cruised over to the BB Mobile Facebook page. A lot of guys cant find it either.
    12-16-2010 07:27 AM
    Bought one at 8am in store. 5 in stock and no one else buying at 8am. Can't wait till I have time to check it out this afternoon
    12-16-2010 08:03 AM
    Very cool. I am incredibly jelous of those that get to tinker with thiers today. I have to wait until tomorrow. And lets hope I am around for the delivery man. So far I am reading over at the official BB Mobile FB page that there are lots of pissed off customers. BB seems to have fudged up this launch day big time. Some are reporting that they showed up to buy the phone and were told that they only had 2, some told that they didnt even know what the Nexus S is...WOW.
    12-16-2010 11:31 AM
    Went to Best Buy this morning. They only had 4 in stock, and there were already 5 people waiting. Glad I was able to get one of the 4. Felt bad for the 5th guy.
    12-16-2010 11:35 AM
    Pictures! Sure you have seen one picture, then you've seen em all but still!
    12-16-2010 12:00 PM
    I have mine, and Ill get back to you guys in a few weeks when I am done playing.
    12-16-2010 12:03 PM
    Very cool. I am incredibly jelous of those that get to tinker with thiers today. I have to wait until tomorrow. And lets hope I am around for the delivery man. So far I am reading over at the official BB Mobile FB page that there are lots of pissed off customers. BB seems to have fudged up this launch day big time. Some are reporting that they showed up to buy the phone and were told that they only had 2, some told that they didnt even know what the Nexus S is...WOW.
    Is yours coming tomorrow? When I checked this morning after 5am, it said usually ships in 2-5 days. I checked a lil while ago and now it says guaranteed by Xmas delivery. Good luck!
    12-16-2010 12:29 PM
    I went to a local BB at 1130am and was told they only had 4, and they were all unlocked, and you had to pay full price. Anyone wanting an upgrade either had to do it online or do everything at the store and have it delivered tomorrow.

At first the sales rep had no idea what Nexus S was. He started telling me about Nexus One and how it can only be bought online. Another agent came over, he had no idea either. After about 15 minutes of arguing with them a manager came over and confirmed that they had four at that store and I was the first one. I am honestly not surprised that BB reps had no idea, they never have any idea about anything.
    12-16-2010 12:32 PM
    Best Buy said this about the expedited shipping and why some are seeing 2-5 days:

"Estimated shipping dates are a built-in element of our ordering process. In this case, the overnight shipping offer overrides them. A Nexus S ordered this morning should arrive tomorrow, barring any processing issues."
    12-16-2010 12:38 PM
    My dad was in the area of our local BB and the rep told him they did not receive their shipment of Nexus S phones and possibly may see them later this afternoon. Good thing I didn't get up early and make the 30 min drive to get one! I would've been pissed. Same thing happened with the release of the iPhone 4. They had only received 6 in the morning and then got another shipment in the afternoon of 8 more iphones. Best Buy really screwed this launch up!!
    12-16-2010 12:59 PM
    I picked mine up at the Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH. There were only three of us waiting. 35 Nexus S packages arrived and another 75 due tomorrow. I am having fun with mine now going thru all the menus and dowloading pgms I want.
    12-16-2010 01:06 PM
    I picked mine up at the Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH. There were only three of us waiting. 35 Nexus S packages arrived and another 75 due tomorrow. I am having fun with mine now going thru all the menus and dowloading pgms I want.
    The BB you went to must be a TMO carrier then. Have fun with it!
    12-16-2010 01:08 PM
    I bet they'll be surprised (read pis$ed) when they only sell two more of them within the next seven days.
    12-16-2010 02:47 PM
    BB seems to be making things up as they go as well. The store I got mine from was doing new contracts and add a lines while not being a tmobile carrier. Not sure how many they had but it was enough for me to get one.
    12-16-2010 03:13 PM
    So I got an email about an hour ago saying there was a problem with my order. Turned out that BB and T-Mobile didnt communicate with each other and information was no shared. I was out shopping and decided to come home and relax. I almost didnt and if I had waited I would not have received the phone tomorrow. So far on a scale of 1-10 when it comes to the whole experience, 10 being the highest, BB Mobile is a 2.
    12-16-2010 05:04 PM
    Best Buy has royally screwed up this launch for Google. Google should've stuck to what they did with the N1 and done more advertising for the Nexus S, instead of dealing with Best Buy!
    12-16-2010 05:36 PM
    Got mine today. What can I say but...

OMGWTFBBQILOVETHISPHONE

Seriously, the damn thing is perfect. I was all set, considering all of the bad things I heard about Samsung (I've never owned one of their phones until now) to take it out of the box and get a creaky, cheap feeling POS; but this phone feels nice and solid, with even weight distribution. The build quality, IMO is great, feeling even better than my Droid 1.

It's a snappy little thing too, and the screen is beautiful. And it only took a minute, but I'm already rooted.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my verdict is: If this thing ever made it to Verizon, I'd drop my Droid entirely in a heartbeat. It's a truly great phone.
    12-16-2010 06:12 PM
    Got mine today. What can I say but...

OMGWTFBBQILOVETHISPHONE

Seriously, the damn thing is perfect. I was all set, considering all of the bad things I heard about Samsung (I've never owned one of their phones until now) to take it out of the box and get a creaky, cheap feeling POS; but this phone feels nice and solid, with even weight distribution. The build quality, IMO is great, feeling even better than my Droid 1.

It's a snappy little thing too, and the screen is beautiful. And it only took a minute, but I'm already rooted.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my verdict is: If this thing ever made it to Verizon, I'd drop my Droid entirely in a heartbeat. It's a truly great phone.
    Haha. Good for you man. Even know this experience has been terrible, I cant wait to get mine.
    12-18-2010 09:47 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD