Im latin american, currently i live in Venezuela, for me it is easy to buy a phone in the US, although I dont want to buy another phone and unlock it to use it.

I would buy an unlocked phone, so, help me out here, nexus s is a good choice for me since it is unlocked, I dont care about 4g or SD slot.

Im asking you to bash/convince me I should buy an unlocked android device (and which one) instead of the iphone 4, I really want strong arguments so I end up not having buyers remorse.

also, please tell me about this google voice feature, can someone please tell me if its accurate? I really REALLY want to use a feature like that but I dont know if my accent would screw that voice recognition, can you please try it and tell me how it is?

If you could, please make an voice input with a horrible latin accent haha, I just want to know if this works ok, tell me if it works, if it does im making all my friends change to android.
    12-16-2010 03:27 PM
    2 and a half hours and nobody tried to help me in any way.... 32 people saw this and nobody tried to help me in any way....
    12-16-2010 05:55 PM
    The move to Android would definitely be a plus for you. Google voice does work for different languages... since you're not fussy about certain things a phone have, then the nexus s would be a great phone for you.

I hope this little info will convince u in coming over to Android.
    sifriheavy likes this.
    12-16-2010 06:02 PM
    you helped me out a lot, in fact, no reviewer out there mentioned google voice was working in different languages.
    12-16-2010 06:23 PM
    Better hardware, Android has more features, its open nature makes it very customizable and allows innovative new things to be done on it, and Android phones are often first to market with some technologies.

I'd recommend the Nexus S; it's a great phone, regardless of the naysayers.

2 and a half hours and nobody tried to help me in any way.... 32 people saw this and nobody tried to help me in any way....
    P.S.: Don't feel too bad... This forum is kinda slow sometimes. There are other, more active ones like XDA-Developers, though.
    12-16-2010 06:27 PM
    I'm not sure what kind of data connection you will get in Venezuela so you should definitely research that, but if this is your first android phone then this is a good choice.
    12-16-2010 06:36 PM
    I will be going with digitel (I read digitel are the ones capable of having 3g with unlocked t mobile phones, while movistar activates at&t phones here, movistar and digitel are 2 big carriers)

this would be my first android phone. Im excited about this.
    12-16-2010 06:48 PM
    What's an iPhone 2G? The 3 year old iPhone first gen?
    12-16-2010 07:13 PM
    first iphone ever, I cant change its battery but i dont have too, last all day long just fine.

this phone has been loyal to me, it grew a lot rather than die fast.
    12-16-2010 08:13 PM
    I have both an iPhone 4 and have had numerous Android phones including the Nexus S. I always have the latest iPhone and an Android phone of some type or other as personal phones. I have also had all versions of the iPhone and used or tested many Android phones through work. This is an Android forum so you can expect people here to say Android.

iPhone 4 hardware is very good. The retina display is without peer. A few Android phones come close.
    No Android phone I have seen or used has as good a battery life as the iPhone 4. Non-removable battery is not an issue in real world use. Try carrying a spare battery on an airplane for example.
    You can get a 32GB iPhone 4. I have about 4GB of apps and use about 24GB all together on mine. Apps and data all fit in storage/memory space and run quickly unlike Android.
    UI fit and finish is better and more consistent on iPhone 4.
    The "closed" Apple ecosystem is overstated by Android enthusiasts and if you really have a problem with it then jailbreak your iPhone. It is really unlikely there are things you can do on Android that you cannot also do one way or another on an iPhone 4.
    Apple's customer service is very good.
    App selection and quality is much better on iPhone. Android market is a mess.
    Google Voice or Skype work well on the iPhone. I use it and Skype routinely as I travel extensively pretty much everywhere you can think of.

Android is fun in a geeky sort of way and I develop on both platforms but unless you have a specific reason for going Android I strongly suspect you will be happier with an iPhone 4. Gingerbread is getting there in terms of competing with iOS but is still clunky in comparison.
    12-17-2010 11:26 AM