Gmail Calendar synch issue

gpalmans

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

got my Nexus S yesterday, and I'm facing some calendar issues.
I added my gmail account, which didn't have a calendar configured at the time.
Now I've added a calendar, but it's not showing up under "Settings > Accounts & synch > xxxx@gmail.com".

I've googled around for a while, and found 1 guy with a similar issue (different Android version / phone though) who managed to fix it by creating a second gmail account, which then supposedly "detected" the missing calendar on the first account.
That didn't work for me...

Now, I can access the calendar by "sharing" it with a second gmail account, but i don't want to keep 2 gmail accounts configured just to access my calendar. I just want to have it available under my primary gmail account.

I would be able to fix it by removing and re-adding my gmail account, but since that account is "required by some applications", the only way to do that is do a factory reset :-(.

There must be a way to make Android re-synch the available "services" linked to my gmail account. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

SpANiSH#AC

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been wanting to post something like this for a while, now that i found this thread, I'm just going to add my case. I got my captivate a while back and frankly has been functioning ideally. The only problem I have right now is that my gmail calendar says it is synced, but when I look in the calendar I have no updated appointments. Contacts and messages are syncing fine.

NOTE: the account is showing up in the accounts & sync menu option. I also have a stock phone, I have not rooted just regular 2.1

I did a little bit of troubleshooting, turns out its not my calendar that is the problem. When I manually add appointments in both gmail and corporate emails the calendar updates. The problem is that I have a few custom calendars that I added from gmail. (Jets, Giants, and Islanders schedules) I would really like these to sync to my regular calendar on my phone as it does on my gmail account.

Well ignore my problem, but it may be good for other people to see, so I won't delete it. But I found this:

"Calling all sports fans: keep track of your favorite teams' schedules and get real-time score updates all within Google Calendar! In the Sports tab, select the sport, league, then team whose schedule you'd like to follow and click Subscribe to add the calendar to your list.

Once added, the calendar will display individual game times according to your selected timezone. While the game is being played, click into the event details to view live scores -- refresh the page to refresh the real-time information.

Keep in mind that it's not possible to sync sports calendars with other calendar applications at this time."

LINK: http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37098

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae