Tough Choice I have An Epic 4g i want to buy a Nexus S is it worth it?

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I am currently and Owner of a Epic 4g while i really love what samsung has done with the Super Amoled display and in terms of the phone been good it has its bad things but it Does have its AWSOME things lol so i don't know i have an Epic 4g witch let me say i started with a G-1 when it came out then had a Mytouch 3g and finally went to Android flag ship mode with the epic 4g now i see the nexus s and i wanna have it Is it worth it ? 2.3 i have 2.1 and its taking for ever to jump to the next level ? what should i do HELP

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Questions:

Do you mind T-Mobile?
Do you have money?
Are you happy with what you have?

If your answer to question 1 is YES, then don't buy it
If your answer to question 2 is NO , then don't buy it
If your answer to question 3 is YES, then don't buy it

I would be happy with the Epic simply because of the camera and 4g, the Nexus S lacks the Sd support.... I own one and a Vibrant, only difference is that it's faster, but all I need to do is go back to stock 2.1 on my Vibrant, use lag fix, and it is just as fast as my Nexus S.

It's up to you, I chose the Nexus S because I wanted updates faster, if you are not a huge enthusiast then I wouldn't really want to dabble too much with it.

Reactions: Hectorcruz0516

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
No one can tell you what to do.

My personal opinions of the Nexus S are that it's incredibly underwhelming (and all the more so compared to the Epic 4G, which already has the front facing camera that the other American Galaxy S series don't).

I think it comes down to this: Do you feel justified spending $200/$530 dollars to get direct and clean Google updates? Essentially, that's the only thing about the Nexus S that warrants the purchase compared to the Epic 4G.

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I just dumped my EVO for the Nexus S and have to say I am very impressed with the speed, screen, snappy response to everything, the size. Plus I have to have the latest technology. So far I am very happy. I bought with no contract.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it has to do mostly with personal preference. The nexus s is so close to the epic that it's almost a wash

Epic: wimax, 3 mbps 3g, os 2.1, keyboard
Nexus s: no wimax but 7.2 mbps 3g, os 2.3, easy international roaming (and buying local sims and using them in the phone is possible). NFC.

Unless you need some specific feature (unlocked sim and international roaming is big) I'd wait. We're on the verge of some pretty big changes - dual core cpus, LTE phones and so on - that you might want to wait for.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
So yeah i guess your right then Its pretty much the same - i was just really wondering about the Battery on the Nexus because i get horrible Battery , plus the Update's and Wiimax in Florida suck's like i get 1.1mbps and like 3.0mbps at MAX when i had my Mytouch 3g from tmo i would Easily pick up 4.0mbps and 6.0mbps so it all depend's really on the Monetery thing , Breaking my contract and buying this new phone AHH i just wish everyone would get Gingerbread Why do the Carrier's have to mess up the android Experiance for US powerhouse User's

barbarianthemadserb

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, I solved my dilemma. I have both the Epic4g (Sprint) AND the Nexus S with Tmobile. Love both phones! Each has its plus's n minus's and they balance out. Of course when I go overseas to Serbia I need a gsm phone and hence the need for the Nexus S. But, I would still have bought the Nexus S!
The 3 biggies for the Nexus S for me:
1. No bloatwear and hence no need for me to root it
2. Updates direct from Google and not Tmobile!
3. Free tethering and hot spot

I had to root my Epic 4G to get rid of the carrier's bloatwear, as well as as get a rooted app for both tethering and hot spot.

Of course friends have asked me why two phone? you can only use one at a time. To wit I say "Ba Humbug". I like gadgets! What else do I have to do with my retirement money? hahahahha

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, I solved my dilemma. I have both the Epic4g (Sprint) AND the Nexus S with Tmobile. Love both phones! Each has its plus's n minus's and they balance out. Of course when I go overseas to Serbia I need a gsm phone and hence the need for the Nexus S. But, I would still have bought the Nexus S!

I had to root my Epic 4G to get rid of the carrier's bloatwear, as well as as get a rooted app for both tethering and hot spot.

Of course friends have asked me why two phone? you can only use one at a time. To wit I say "Ba Humbug". I like gadgets! What else do I have to do with my retirement money? hahahahha

Do you carry both of them at all times?

I've got two lines and two phones, yet I only use one (blackberry) for the most part and Nexus (One and S) only when I need to browse the web and use apps.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Lol, the free tethering is a huge plus, because now I can use my iPhone whenever I don't get AT&T edge :D. I keeed I keed. The Nexus is going to be better than dual core devices because Android doesn't take full advantage of the 2 cores, and odds are... if it does in Honeycomb, people will need to wait for Motorola to give their Olympus the update.

Sent from my Nexus S

barbarianthemadserb

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I carry one phone in each pocket and use em both. Besides, if I only carried one phone in one pocket then I would walk kinda funny-I would have to tilt my body to make up for the weight of the phone. hahahahah. Kinda reminds me of some of those old western movies where it was cool to have a gun in each side. But I bet one was for use and the other for show. hahahah Or if you don't believe that one, then how about this one- one of the phones would get lonely by it self. hahahahah. Only kidding. Ya, I do carry both phones at all times. Then again it's nice to have a backup phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon