Hi-

Do I need an application killing program on the Nexus S or is that built into Gingerbread? Is there a way for me to find out what programs may be running in the background?
    12-18-2010 10:01 PM
    Not needed. But if you want to, from the home screen press menu, manage apps, then running.
    12-18-2010 10:30 PM
    12-18-2010 10:47 PM
    Just use the native Android running in the manage apps section, faster.

Sent from my Nexus S
    12-18-2010 10:49 PM
    This is the first Android device I use with no Task Killer and its performing the fastest. I would def not recommend one with the nexus s!
    12-19-2010 12:51 AM
    This is the first Android device I use with no Task Killer and its performing the fastest. I would def not recommend one with the nexus s!
    Sadly a lot of people don't realize that the use of task killers a lot of the time is the culprit for slowdowns and decreased battery performance. Some people will swear up and down that it helps battery life and performance, but I strongly beg to differ. Mostly from personal experience and from what I've seen countless times from others.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro
    12-19-2010 01:31 AM
    How does it hurt the battery life?

Sent from my Nexus S
    12-19-2010 01:57 AM
    How does it hurt the battery life?

Sent from my Nexus S
    I believe because it is constantly refreshing itself to monitor the running apps
    12-19-2010 03:13 AM
    I believe because it is constantly refreshing itself to monitor the running apps
    Yep, that's part of it. And even if you don't have it running in the background, killing multiple apps at once believe it or not, especially force killing them, puts a lot of strain on the phone for that short period of time. If you do have it running in the background, well, that's another story in itself.
    12-19-2010 12:01 PM
    I just stopped using task killer about two weeks ago. No problems with the phone since I stopped. What it actually does is kill the apps but they will keep restarting themselves after a few hours anyway. So you're constantly killing the apps over and over putting more strain on the phone.
    12-19-2010 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD