What Do You Think?

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I just got my Nexus S it is REALLY fast and super AWESOME! I would recommend this phone to everyone. I like the pure google. Well I wanted to know what others thought about it?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I love: Design, Screen, OS, speed, camera(it may be not be 720, but it still is very nice...)

I hate: no SD card(I can deal), OS, honestly, compatibility with the old apps is terrible, all of the emulators crash randomly the browser is pretty slugish, and then one thing that I just hate is that the launcher is pretty slow... It sometimes doesn't even operate. The OS feels far from final.

Pretty much:

I love this device

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
The screen size is what I like about it. I was thinking of returning it, and I still may, but I will probably keep it because of the size of the screen. After using it for a few days and then going back to Nexus One was a big difference, at least it seemed to me like a big difference.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Screen is a step up from N1 in size and brightness/daylight readable. But I still miss the EVO 4.3". Personally I do not care for the pen tile AMOLED configuration as it does not look as sharp to me as normal LCD. What I really want is a little higher res. An 800x600 4.3" SAMOLED would be perfect for me.

I really miss the notification light for obvious reasons.

I also miss the trackball. Thought I wouldn't but sometimes its hard to select just the right point or I don't want to zoom in on a web page to hit the right link; just easier to scroll and click sometimes with the trackball.

Gingerbread and the hardware are fast.

TMo 3g service hit 4.7Mbps download in my first and only test so far. Will try more tomorrow since I just purchased my TMo service today (prepaid for now to see if I am satisfied). I only have EDGE at home so I will test at work. The test area does not have 4G yet but should very soon so the infrastructure may be there helping the speed already. Con is TMo coverage as my home and commute are only 2G service. Just doesn't have the coverage of ATT or Verizon, but TMo has 3G or better where I would need it most.

LED flash! Plus since so many galaxy S variants don't have that.

Front camera will be very cool once Google talk and Skype support it. Starting to wonder how long that will take since I figured it would be here by year end when EVO was released.

Speakers (loud speaker and earpiece) are fabulous. Never realized how crappy my HTC phones were in that respect. (Though EVO was pretty good.)

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Ya I miss the notification light but I guess I will have to deal with it. Maybe that is what a ringer is for?

I really don't care about the no 4G because I don't have 4G anywhere near me (and they are the largest 4G network) and by the time they do I bet the next Nexus will be out and I will get it.

The no SD also doesn't bother me because I can just plug it into the computer and sync quick.

No no HD and Zoom don't bother me also because I have a flip that does both.

The only thing that bothers me is that right now it is on T-Mobile, not that there is anything wrong with T-Mobile but I have Alltel and am getting AT&T soon and I could've kept my unlimited everything plan which is only $65 a month. Maybe they will come up with a version that works on AT&T. ( I doubt it)

I love this phone, and it is a MAJOR upgrade from the HTC Hero.

:'( I NEVER GOT TO TASTE FRO-YO! :,(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When you get a notification icon bounces around your screen to make up for not having an led

Sent from my Fascinate -I finally got Tapatalk not even a WP7 will be able to keep my face out of the phone now!!

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
It is really good! I think all Nexus S and non LED light phone users should get this app. Lol I just have to train myself because I always flip my phone over on a table or couch or anywhere because well idk. But overall I like it. Thank you very much!

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
noled sucks. Makes it next to impossible to access the phone. Speaking of nexus s only. Can't seem to unlock the phone unless i'm screwing with it nonstop. autodeleted

KU Kitch

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I am a big fan, seeing GPS issues similar to the Vibrant before moving to custom roms, but it is awesome. I loved the Vibrant and its hardware and I think this one is even nicer. I lost my Vibrant and was using an N1 until I got my replacement, and boy is this screen light years beyond the Nexus'. Great battery life, excellent hardware, nice styling and Android... what more could a guy want?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I would like to also add that T-Mobile said the HSPA+ network will benefit all devices that are 3g enabled, such as the Vibrant and Nexus S. Regardless, T-Mobile 3g is still pretty damn fast.

Sent from my Nexus S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech