[How-to] Nexus S Answers

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Baconater, it is a decent phone, enjoy the little thang.

NO IT IS NOT A DECENT PHONE!!................................

IT IS GREAT! I love it. No 3G doesn't bother me when I am at my house because I have fast wifi but in other areas around town EDGE is sometimes too slow. I love my Nexus wouldn't trade it for anything!

Reactions: barbarianthemadserb

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Glad you like, and I agree it is decent compared to the N1. Nothing really upgrading but some stuff is decent. I won't throw my disappointments down here because that isn't fair to you. It is solid.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was going to get a Nexus Uno from Google but apparently they are out of stock. That makes me mad. They are too high priced on ebay.

netninja

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Check craigslist if you don't mind a lightly used nexus one. I'm seeing pretty good prices there. You might even be able to get one with 3G on AT&T bands.

Reactions: Baconator

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Ya that is what I saw! they were like $250 - $300! That is a good price. And I am a goo talkerdowner so I bet I can get one for an even better price. Thanks.

iandouglas

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was going to get a Nexus Uno from Google but apparently they are out of stock. That makes me mad. They are too high priced on ebay.

They only sell them to people in the developer program, and last I checked (a few months ago) the price was still $529. I don't know if they've dropped the price since the Nexus S was released.

Aria807

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I am using the NoLED but sometimes I notice if I push the 4 menu buttons on the bottom when NoLED has notifications, I get some sort of error regarding "Activity ScreenActivity (in application NoLED) is not responding."

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
NEW!: Contact Grouping
Go to your g-mail on your computer and go to your contacts. Check the contacts you want in a group and and click on group and then make a new group. If this does not work then download Contact Groups Manager from the market.

Last edited:

Aria807

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea I am grouping it or labeling it in google, but on the phone, I can't get it to toggle diff groups unless I go thru a series of steps in the Display setting. I download another contact grouping app to easily toggle between the groups like how you would when you edit in google. My friend recently picked up a Captivate and his android 2.2 allows contact grouping within the contacts. I just thought 2.3 would have this feature stock.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually I searched and tried and I was unable to find an answer. Contact Samsung and tell them how to do this. If this does not work please tell me.

Aria807

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
You get what I mean rite? Like on my old phone, I could normally view the entire contact list showing all my contacts. Then I could go scroll to the tab over on the contact list and choose between view specific groups, which lists all the groups I have made such as Family, Work, etc..

I just can't seem to do that on the Nexus S. I gotta run thru display settings and disable the main contacts and just check say... Family group to just have family show up. It's very inconvenient

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Ya ik I had that on my old phone, on G-mail you can put them in groups but it won't show up on ur phone. Well if it bothers you contact Samsung if Samsung doesn't say anything contact Google. Someone has to have answers.

Aria807

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I found a solution which is to download Contact Groups Manager, but pro version costs $. I just figured android would have had this for free because my friend's 2.2 has something of the sort. It just makes mass texting easier because I can txt an entire group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781