02-22-2011 10:09 PM
91 1234
tools
    Yeah I was going to get a Nexus Uno from Google but apparently they are out of stock. That makes me mad. They are too high priced on ebay.
    yeah, the hardware you are rocking is better though : ) I would choose a S over an uno.
    12-28-2010 01:34 AM
    PS I would love a nexus S!
    12-28-2010 01:36 AM
    Check craigslist if you don't mind a lightly used nexus one. I'm seeing pretty good prices there. You might even be able to get one with 3G on AT&T bands.
    Baconator likes this.
    12-28-2010 01:45 PM
    Ya that is what I saw! they were like $250 - $300! That is a good price. And I am a goo talkerdowner so I bet I can get one for an even better price. Thanks.
    12-28-2010 01:48 PM
    Yeah I was going to get a Nexus Uno from Google but apparently they are out of stock. That makes me mad. They are too high priced on ebay.
    They only sell them to people in the developer program, and last I checked (a few months ago) the price was still $529. I don't know if they've dropped the price since the Nexus S was released.
    12-28-2010 06:05 PM
    Please post any questions about the Nexus S here. I will try my hardest to answer them. Thanks!
    12-30-2010 03:50 PM
    I am using the NoLED but sometimes I notice if I push the 4 menu buttons on the bottom when NoLED has notifications, I get some sort of error regarding "Activity ScreenActivity (in application NoLED) is not responding."
    12-30-2010 11:17 PM
    Oh that is strange. Well delete NoLED and download it again. This should work. If not notify me please.
    12-30-2010 11:34 PM
    NEW!: Contact Grouping
    Go to your g-mail on your computer and go to your contacts. Check the contacts you want in a group and and click on group and then make a new group. If this does not work then download Contact Groups Manager from the market.
    12-30-2010 11:42 PM
    Yea I am grouping it or labeling it in google, but on the phone, I can't get it to toggle diff groups unless I go thru a series of steps in the Display setting. I download another contact grouping app to easily toggle between the groups like how you would when you edit in google. My friend recently picked up a Captivate and his android 2.2 allows contact grouping within the contacts. I just thought 2.3 would have this feature stock.
    12-31-2010 12:52 AM
    Who knows. Ill have a GOOD answer in a min.
    12-31-2010 12:56 AM
    Actually I searched and tried and I was unable to find an answer. Contact Samsung and tell them how to do this. If this does not work please tell me.
    12-31-2010 01:07 AM
    You get what I mean rite? Like on my old phone, I could normally view the entire contact list showing all my contacts. Then I could go scroll to the tab over on the contact list and choose between view specific groups, which lists all the groups I have made such as Family, Work, etc..

I just can't seem to do that on the Nexus S. I gotta run thru display settings and disable the main contacts and just check say... Family group to just have family show up. It's very inconvenient
    12-31-2010 01:15 AM
    Ya ik I had that on my old phone, on G-mail you can put them in groups but it won't show up on ur phone. Well if it bothers you contact Samsung if Samsung doesn't say anything contact Google. Someone has to have answers.
    12-31-2010 01:19 AM
    Well I found a solution which is to download Contact Groups Manager, but pro version costs $. I just figured android would have had this for free because my friend's 2.2 has something of the sort. It just makes mass texting easier because I can txt an entire group.
    12-31-2010 01:44 AM
    oh ya well happy you like it.
    12-31-2010 01:50 AM
    If you're also experiencing home screen scrolling lag/issues, please visit my report to Google and star the problem so it'll get more attention from them: Issue 13563 - android - Nexus S 2.3 Home Screen lag, freeze, hiccups - Project Hosting on Google Code

Thank you.
    12-31-2010 10:48 AM
    If you're also experiencing home screen scrolling lag/issues, please visit my report to Google and star the problem so it'll get more attention from them: Issue 13563 - android - Nexus S 2.3 Home Screen lag, freeze, hiccups - Project Hosting on Google Code

Thank you.
    If you are experiencing any issues with Gingerbread contact Google or Samsung. Call them up and tell them this better be fixed. You didn't pay $600 for a lag.
    01-01-2011 12:09 AM
    If you are experiencing any issues with Gingerbread contact Google or Samsung. Call them up and tell them this better be fixed. You didn't pay $600 for a lag. Be sure to tell them that it BETTER get fixed.
    Yes, that's what the filed report is for. Hopefully it is an issue that will get addressed and fixed in a future update.
    01-01-2011 12:25 AM
    Yes, that's what the filed report is for. Hopefully it is an issue that will get addressed and fixed in a future update.
    Ya I know but those take too long. I would rather call them up and tell them that it better get fixed. It isn't as good as filing a report but ik if someone called me up and told me there was something defective about one of the shirts or wristbands my company sold them I would fix it.
    01-01-2011 12:33 AM
    Please post any questions about the Nexus S here. I will try my best to find a answer for your question. Thank you!
    01-01-2011 09:36 PM
    Great thread, everybody. Properly stickied.
    Baconator likes this.
    01-01-2011 09:53 PM
    Can i connect to samsung kies with my nexus s or do i have to do it at all?

How can i back up my data from my nexus to kies? Also, i want to make the user experience as close to galaxy S as possible. I loved that phone, but the nexus S is not that user friendly imn my opinion. How can i get swype to call and sms, and other stuff? Including Asphalt 5?
    01-04-2011 03:36 AM
    Thanks for your post! Here are some answers I have found.

The Nexus S does not have Samsung Kies because it is stock android and the Galaxy S has Samsung's touchwiz. So the Nexus S get's everything OTA and it doesn't need Samsung Kies. This means that users won’t have to use the Samsung Kies desktop management client to install software updates.

Maybe the Nexus S doesn't seem as user friendly to you because you are coming from the Galaxy S and the Galaxy S has Samsung's touchwiz and the Nexus S doesn't because it is Stock android so it is different from the Galaxy S. It will become more user friendly the more you use it.

You can get swype on the Nexus S by clicking HERE and downloading it.

You can download Asphalt in the android market, that goes for any other games you want to download. Also if you had it on your Galaxy S then just put your G-Mail account on the Nexus S and it should sync almost everything you had on your Galaxy S, I don't think it will sync pictures or music, only things affiliated with your G-Mail, contacts, and Market.

Tell me if this helps. Thanks for posting!
    01-04-2011 04:45 AM
    you know what? You are super help. Thanks a million. I have already downloaded swype. i wasd asking about porting the swipe right to call and swipe left to sms from call log menu as in galaxy...but i guess its touch wiz and hence cannot be done here.

But how can i backup all my data?

Also i had already checked the market, but not Asphalt 5 there. Guess its only for Samsung phones fron Samsung apps. Any way i can connect to Samsung Apps?
    01-04-2011 05:22 AM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD