Nexus S 2.3.1 is LIVE (link and instructions inside)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Manual update instructions, because waiting sucks :p

http://android.clients.google.com/p...553.signed-soju-GRH78-from-GRH55.a71a2082.zip

• Download the OTA package here ^^
  • Rename it to update.zip, and place it on the root of your internal storage
  • Shut down your phone, and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on
  • Use the volume buttons to choose "recovery" from the list, and select it with the power button
  • When you see the triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you'll have a list of options, choose to update

And I tweaked your title a bit and stickied this mojonation :)

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Manual update instructions, because waiting sucks :p

http://android.clients.google.com/p...553.signed-soju-GRH78-from-GRH55.a71a2082.zip

• Download the OTA package here ^^
  • Rename it to update.zip, and place it on the root of your internal storage
  • Shut down your phone, and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on
  • Use the volume buttons to choose "recovery" from the list, and select it with the power button
  • When you see the red triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you'll have a list of options, choose to update

And I tweaked your title a bit and stickied this mojonation :)

Thanks Brother! Honored. hehe

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I get a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark in it. Did I do something wrong, or do I need to wait longer for it to turn red?

Edit: Figured it out.....updating now. Thanks guys!

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've not long had mine unboxed and I've already updated her! Thanks for the manual instructions. :D

@ Smokexz & TrivialTweeter
Make sure you follow the last step!
"When you see the red triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you'll have a list of options, choose to update"

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: My Triangle was white from what I remember.
Just updated my post with the tip you need! :)

I <3 you :)

I got it thanks... updating now.

EDIT: No visible changes.... I think maybe my complaint of the launcher becoming completely unresponsive might have been fixed? who knows, will test out.

EDIT 2: The new market still disappears... I have no idea what they fixed.

Last edited:

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys for the red triangle :p

Too many devices to keep track of. For the record, new HTC phones are the ones with the RED triangle :p

You know what would really make up for that? Reporting anything you notice different >.> I know you have spent much more time with it than I have, or maybe anyone here.

mrlang12

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
hi guys im fairly new to the android world but ive been following it for a long time i barely got my nexus s 2 days ago and im wondering wat u guys mean by placing it in the root of your internal storage? through usb?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
hi guys im fairly new to the android world but ive been following it for a long time i barely got my nexus s 2 days ago and im wondering wat u guys mean by placing it in the root of your internal storage? through usb?
ROOT is the main part of a plant no? Without it, it cannot live. Just like files could not live if there were no roots to place them in.

It's just the when you open up the REMOVABLE FILE DISK just place it right there where you place the folders.

Could this have fixed that wi-fi issue? anyone try? I don't have a Nexus One to compare.