01-30-2011 04:42 PM
28 12
tools
    Anyone get it yet!?
    12-22-2010 02:23 PM
    Manual update instructions, because waiting sucks

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...5.a71a2082.zip

• Download the OTA package here ^^
    • Rename it to update.zip, and place it on the root of your internal storage
    • Shut down your phone, and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on
    • Use the volume buttons to choose "recovery" from the list, and select it with the power button
    • When you see the triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you'll have a list of options, choose to update

And I tweaked your title a bit and stickied this mojonation
    12-22-2010 02:57 PM
    Nvm lol
    12-22-2010 03:18 PM
    Manual update instructions, because waiting sucks

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...5.a71a2082.zip

• Download the OTA package here ^^
    • Rename it to update.zip, and place it on the root of your internal storage
    • Shut down your phone, and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on
    • Use the volume buttons to choose "recovery" from the list, and select it with the power button
    • When you see the red triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you'll have a list of options, choose to update

And I tweaked your title a bit and stickied this mojonation
    Thanks Brother! Honored. hehe
    12-22-2010 03:19 PM
    Nvm lol
    Nope. And it looks like if you've flashed CWM recovery, you can't go back to stock recovery. Investigating that one a bit.
    12-22-2010 03:19 PM
    Thanks Brother! Honored. hehe
    lol. And you're on the front page.

Keep sending those tips!
    12-22-2010 03:21 PM
    lol. And you're on the front page.

Keep sending those tips!
    lol i'm a phone freak. especially with android and ios. It seems like if i'm not working or with my fiance i'm looking up info for android. hahahaha
    12-22-2010 03:26 PM
    also just so everybody knows, this does not fix the mms issue
    12-22-2010 03:27 PM
    Jerry, I don't get a red triangle, stuck on the last step... help? please?
    12-22-2010 03:30 PM
    I get a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark in it. Did I do something wrong, or do I need to wait longer for it to turn red?

Edit: Figured it out.....updating now. Thanks guys!
    12-22-2010 03:37 PM
    I get a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark in it. Did I do something wrong, or do I need to wait longer for it to turn red?
    Exactly the same thing on mine... Anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?
    12-22-2010 03:38 PM
    I've not long had mine unboxed and I've already updated her! Thanks for the manual instructions.

@ Smokexz & TrivialTweeter
    Make sure you follow the last step!
    "When you see the red triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you'll have a list of options, choose to update"
    12-22-2010 03:50 PM
    I've not long had mine unboxed and I've already updated her! Thanks for the manual instructions.
    How did yours work? I didn't get a red triangle at the end on the final step.
    12-22-2010 03:52 PM
    How did yours work? I didn't get a red triangle at the end on the final step.
    EDIT: My Triangle was white from what I remember.
    Just updated my post with the tip you need!
    12-22-2010 03:54 PM
    got mine done. no red triangle just triangle with ! inside and then pushed the up volume and power and worked.
    12-22-2010 03:54 PM
    EDIT: My Triangle was white from what I remember.
    Just updated my post with the tip you need!
    I <3 you

I got it thanks... updating now.

EDIT: No visible changes.... I think maybe my complaint of the launcher becoming completely unresponsive might have been fixed? who knows, will test out.

EDIT 2: The new market still disappears... I have no idea what they fixed.
    12-22-2010 03:57 PM
    Sorry guys for the red triangle

Too many devices to keep track of. For the record, new HTC phones are the ones with the RED triangle
    12-22-2010 04:03 PM
    Sorry guys for the red triangle

Too many devices to keep track of. For the record, new HTC phones are the ones with the RED triangle
    You know what would really make up for that? Reporting anything you notice different >.> I know you have spent much more time with it than I have, or maybe anyone here.
    12-22-2010 04:07 PM
    hi guys im fairly new to the android world but ive been following it for a long time i barely got my nexus s 2 days ago and im wondering wat u guys mean by placing it in the root of your internal storage? through usb?
    12-22-2010 04:52 PM
    hi guys im fairly new to the android world but ive been following it for a long time i barely got my nexus s 2 days ago and im wondering wat u guys mean by placing it in the root of your internal storage? through usb?
    ROOT is the main part of a plant no? Without it, it cannot live. Just like files could not live if there were no roots to place them in.

It's just the when you open up the REMOVABLE FILE DISK just place it right there where you place the folders.

Could this have fixed that wi-fi issue? anyone try? I don't have a Nexus One to compare.
    12-22-2010 05:01 PM
    I didn't have to manually update. I noticed a notification about the update earlier this evening and hit the install button and away it went. Whole process only took what seemed like less than 10 minutes (I was ordering coffee at Starbucks). Not sure about the wifi issue. I ran a SpeedTest cycle resulting in a more favorable download speed (4213 kbps as opposed to 2247 kbps). The Upload didn't change from the previous test.
    12-22-2010 05:59 PM
    I didn't have to manually update. I noticed a notification about the update earlier this evening and hit the install button and away it went. Whole process only took what seemed like less than 10 minutes (I was ordering coffee at Starbucks). Not sure about the wifi issue. I ran a SpeedTest cycle resulting in a more favorable download speed (4213 kbps as opposed to 2247 kbps). The Upload didn't change from the previous test.
    Hmmm, who knows... maybe this was just something Google forgot to add? I haven't had the launcher crash on me, not once, since the update. I also noticed the launcher is a tad bit faster... or am I just making things up in my head?
    12-22-2010 07:10 PM
    You know what would really make up for that? Reporting anything you notice different >.> I know you have spent much more time with it than I have, or maybe anyone here.
    Have to be honest -- I'm not seeing a damn bit of difference. And that's a good thing.

Pre OTA I had a custom fstab to change the mount command of /data a tiny bit, and it seemed to fix the launcher stutter I saw from time to time.

I've removed it, and am testing it as is and haven't see it yet.

One other thing to test are live wallpapers, probably the microbes one -- it's looks like it's been optimized.

I have to say -- I'm keeping things mostly stock for the purposes of a fair review. I can't wait till I'm able to hack the heck out of this thing. It's easily the fastest, and smoothest Android device I've ever used, and I bet it can be made to walk on water with very few modifications. Who needs a damned SD card
    12-22-2010 08:38 PM
    Have to be honest -- I'm not seeing a damn bit of difference. And that's a good thing.

Pre OTA I had a custom fstab to change the mount command of /data a tiny bit, and it seemed to fix the launcher stutter I saw from time to time.

I've removed it, and am testing it as is and haven't see it yet.

One other thing to test are live wallpapers, probably the microbes one -- it's looks like it's been optimized.

I have to say -- I'm keeping things mostly stock for the purposes of a fair review. I can't wait till I'm able to hack the heck out of this thing. It's easily the fastest, and smoothest Android device I've ever used, and I bet it can be made to walk on water with very few modifications. Who needs a damned SD card
    Cool, would you say the internal memory make apps cache and load much faster?
    EDIT: I have noticed that the locking of the screen is more natural, meaning whenever I place my finger before I lock the screen, it doesn't activate the device, it used to before this update, I am sure there is a whole slew of glitches and bugs fixed, however, I noticed this one most.

Sent from my Nexus S
    12-23-2010 09:13 AM
    Just exchanged my phone at bestbuy and update came in right away

when i try to update from the sd card in recovery it says installation aborted? i have it named update.zip but it still messes up can someone help me with that?
    01-01-2011 01:49 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD