View Poll Results: Did you keep or return your Nexus S?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Ya I Kept It. This Phone Rocks!

31 93.94%
  • No Way. This Phone Sucks! Hated It! Horrible!

2 6.06%
    I want to start this poll because I have read that many of you dislike the Nexus S and returned it. So please take part in this poll and leave a comment on why you returned the phone or why you are keeping it.
    12-28-2010 11:50 PM
    I kept the Nexus S because it is the Best Phone I have used and it is GREAT in every aspect. This phone is the bomb and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    WBU?
    12-28-2010 11:53 PM
    Why does google always release the development phones on the crappy T-Mobile network. UGH!
    12-29-2010 12:55 AM
    This is too polarizing of a poll, so I will pass on voting. But I will say I am keeping my Nexus S. Do I love it? Short answer: not yet.

After spending time with Gingerbread, it is patently clear that there are still many glitches and glaring issues. I started a thread to talk about it here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/sams...es-google.html. If anyone is experiencing anything odd with their software, please visit the thread; more importantly, please visit the links to the reports to Google and star them so that more attention is brought to them in the hopes that Google will see and remedy issues in future updates.

I know many people are experiencing random ringtone changes, difficulty in moving app icons, and even scrolling lag/freezes.
    12-29-2010 01:22 AM
    This is too polarizing of a poll, so I will pass on voting. But I will say I am keeping my Nexus S. Do I love it? Short answer: not yet.

After spending time with Gingerbread, it is patently clear that there are still many glitches and glaring issues. I started a thread to talk about it here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/sams...es-google.html. If anyone is experiencing anything odd with their software, please visit the thread; more importantly, please visit the links to the reports to Google and star them so that more attention is brought to them in the hopes that Google will see and remedy issues in future updates.

I know many people are experiencing random ringtone changes, difficulty in moving app icons, and even scrolling lag/freezes.
    I meant to add a Not yet decided choice but I forgot and I don't know how to go back.
    12-29-2010 01:30 AM
    It's too early to tell whether I like it or not. I've had it for a week now, not enough time to say that I love it. It is a good phone, but nothing too impressive though.
    12-29-2010 06:02 PM

there will always be bugs, and google is not the only person involved, google does not write every app you install, there will be conflicts and its not always googles fault,not every developer out there is the best in their field,,, This phone is meant to be in development
    12-29-2010 06:07 PM
    This is my first Android device so I really can't compare it to any previous versions. But I must say, this is one bad mama-jamma!
    12-29-2010 06:23 PM
    I love it, but compatibility is meh, a lot of apps crash and I dislike that the FFC doesn't work with almost all video apps
    12-29-2010 07:50 PM
    Quick and responsive - a few quirks but to be expected on the bleeding edge
    12-29-2010 11:10 PM
    Those quirks need to be brought to Google's attention so they can be fixed in future updates. Please help out here.
    12-30-2010 09:26 AM
    So i have sometimes problems to scroll the home screen. what can we do? the nexus s is almost perfect but that freezing effect sometimes and the rebooting is annoying. i need help on that. i dont even know if it is a problem of my own device or what...
    12-30-2010 10:48 PM
    So i have sometimes problems to scroll the home screen. what can we do? the nexus s is almost perfect but that freezing effect sometimes and the rebooting is annoying. i need help on that. i dont even know if it is a problem of my own device or what...

Simple. You can post on Google's help page and try to get their attention, (which will take 10,000 years) or call Best Buy or Samsung and tell them. Maybe calling them won't help and you will have to wait the 10,000yrs but calling them should help.
    12-30-2010 11:04 PM
    Nexus S is just buying time for me until the Lg Optimus 2x is here
    12-30-2010 11:07 PM
    No don't get the Optimus 2x because the dual core Nexus will be even better. Don't you think!
    12-30-2010 11:32 PM
    there will always be bugs, and google is not the only person involved, google does not write every app you install, there will be conflicts and its not always googles fault,not every developer out there is the best in their field,,, This phone is meant to be in development
    Yes. Couldn't have said it better. Gingerbread isn't perfect and will never be. Honeycomb, Ice-cream, Jello, Krispie Cream, Lollipop, Mayo, Nutella, Oprah, Pickle all of those future Android softwares (of course IDK the names) will not be perfect. There will be glitches but Google isn't dumb enough to let them stay. I am positive they are working on them right now.
    01-01-2011 01:42 AM
    Loving the additional storage space and the screen is really nice and much more finger print resistant than the Nexus One.

I don't miss the trackball as a navigation device as much as I thought I would, the new Gingerbread selection features really help with that, however I miss it's notification light feature.
    01-01-2011 08:07 AM
    Overall, like the Nexus S. Some problems with 3rd party apps, but that is not Google's fault. Have other Galaxy S phones, and the SAMOLED on the S is fantastic as well, best screen for my $. Wish the background lights for the 4 buttons lit up like on other Galaxy phones. Hard to see buttons outdoors, and all my Android phones have different button arrangements.

The UI is smooth, but have encountered some jerkiness which I thought Gingerbread along with the S's top notch GPU had eliminated. A bit disappointed with that, but hopeful future updates will eliminate the jerkiness, and slight hesitations.

Do like the form factor, light, fits in hand nice. A bit disappointed with only SD for video. All top end phones should have minimum of 720p. Again, hopefully firmware update will correct this as well.

I have seen posts about the build quality being poor. I disagree, the build quality on the S is excellent. Now, the material used is subject for discussion. The Nexus One just seems so much more elegant / stylish compared to the S. Of course, it is a matter of personal taste. The One is the most elegant phone I have owned, and I do own (but don't use often) the iPhone 4.

Since the S is the bleeding edge for pure Google phones, no way I was returning it. If it was not the next generation of Google phone, probably would not have purchased it in the first place since already have the Vibrant, and Epic 4G which are very similar hardware. My favorite phone is the Epic 4G - download speeds rivaling my 7.1 home DSl when 4G is available, best physical smartphone keyboard I have used, SAMOLED screen, and very responsive. All the Epic 4G needs is an upgrade to Gingerbread. How about delivering Samsung?

The Achilles' heel of the One was the minimum application storage space. Even with all supported apps on the SD card, I ran out of space with the One. The S has about 5 times the app storage space which is a nice improvement.
    01-01-2011 10:35 AM
    The UI is smooth, but have encountered some jerkiness which I thought Gingerbread along with the S's top notch GPU had eliminated. A bit disappointed with that, but hopeful future updates will eliminate the jerkiness, and slight hesitations.
    Indeed. Visit this thread to see the home screen issue report filed to Google. If you can, visit the link and star the issue so Google will be more aware of the problem and issue a fix in future updates. Reporting Issues to Google
    01-01-2011 11:12 AM
    I'm on AT&T and only have EDGE when I'm not at work or at home and I love the sh!t out of this phone.
    01-03-2011 10:59 PM
    This is my first android based phone to own and I am very impressed. I have played around with other androids recently (epic, mt4g,droidx) and I find the nexus s to be the better experience. I labored over getting this or the mt4g (because of hspa+), I have to say that I am happy w/ my descision.
    01-03-2011 11:09 PM
    polar pole. I stand in the middle.
    01-03-2011 11:10 PM
    This is my first android based phone to own and I am very impressed. I have played around with other androids recently (epic, mt4g,droidx) and I find the nexus s to be the better experience. I labored over getting this or the mt4g (because of hspa+), I have to say that I am happy w/ my descision.
    Actually 4G shouldn't bother you. Why? Well read it on my thread Nexus S Answers. Click it in my signature.
    01-03-2011 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD