First smartphone I've ever bought and I've already dropped it... Fortunately the damage seems minor to nothing..I think. I dropped it when pulling it outta my pocket and it fell maybe 2-3 feet on to a bathroom tile floor. But seem to fell hard enough that the protective casing I bought from Best Buy came off.

Overall I notice no damage but only now I noticed two small hairlines on the screen. And now I'm not sure if those hairlines are cracks in the screen or scratches on the protective screen.

Its minor enough that I don't notice it but just knowing that two hairline cracks might exist is making me angry at myself for being careless and worried that any future drops, hopefully none, will just make those two possible cracks worst.

Friend of mine suggested taking off the screen to check but kinda not sure I really want to check.....

For those with more experience in handling such phones, do I actually have two hairline cracks or just some scratch on the screen protector?

Comments are appreciated,

Thank you
    12-29-2010 03:38 PM
    I think they are just on the protective screen. I have scratches on my invisible shield and I hate them but they don't seem to be on the screen itself just the invisi-shield. If it gets worse go buy the Black-Tie warranty from Best Buy and I am pretty sure they will fix the problem or give you a new phone. Other than that it is probably not a big problem.
    12-29-2010 03:45 PM
    Are the cracks on the edge of the screen?
    12-29-2010 03:47 PM
    If it gets worse go buy the Black-Tie warranty from Best Buy and I am pretty sure they will fix the problem or give you a new phone
    Being this my first smartphone I chose to buy their insurance but from reading other forums/post some comments suggest not to inform the seller, manufacturer, etc that it was you that dropped it. Or will Best Buy simply give me another deductible fee.

Are the cracks on the edge of the screen?
    One of them looks to be in the middle and another to the right edge. Both between 1/2 to 3/4 inch in length.

Now that I'm looking at it again there seems to be a very small spec of white lines around the top middle, three bunched up but each no more than maybe 1/8 inch
    12-29-2010 04:02 PM
    Ya dont tell them it was you make up something like my cat did it. So just take it to best buy and see what they say.
    12-29-2010 05:50 PM
    One of them looks to be in the middle and another to the right edge. Both between 1/2 to 3/4 inch in length.

Now that I'm looking at it again there seems to be a very small spec of white lines around the top middle, three bunched up but each no more than maybe 1/8 inch
    As intriguing as this is (to all of us) and very unfortunate (for you), can you post a pic?
    12-30-2010 06:43 AM
    Ya dont tell them it was you make up something like my cat did it. So just take it to best buy and see what they say.
    I showed Best Buy Mobile and they don't think its a crack and told me to just bring it back if it gets worst and I'll get another one in three days at zero deductible. Hopefully it won't come to that as I've heard some horror stories of their Black Tie protection (i.e. Different phone, refurbished phones, took too long, etc)

As intriguing as this is (to all of us) and very unfortunate (for you), can you post a pic?
    I'll try but either I'm bad at taking a shot at the right angle or whatnot but can't get a good clear view due to the glare from the screen protector.
    12-30-2010 04:22 PM
    Lucky for you it dropped on the floor and not in the toilet.
    12-30-2010 05:05 PM
    Well, friend of mine think its some stuff that got underneath the screen when the Best Buy Mobile rep put it on and given how that part of the screen looks a smirge uneven I'll just assume it is something for my own sanity.

Thanks again for the help everyone, hopefully I'll be more careful in the future. Maybe I'll even get a new case when others are available since the one from Best Buy Mobile just feels too smooth.
    12-31-2010 08:24 PM
    Well if it bothers you a lot then take off the cover and if it is on the cover then buy a new one if it is on the screen then idk do something to make it where they will give you a new phone
    InfestedAdam likes this.
    12-31-2010 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD