Nexus S vs. Vibrant vs. MyTouch 4g

myphone

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
So i am going to be buying a phone for my wife. I have the Nexus S but i am super new to the android thing so i know nothing about most of these phones. I did a bunch of research before buying the Nexus and for me it works great. Fast, muti tasking and pure android as far as i know.
My wife thinks the Nexus is too much phone for her but as far as i know all three of these phones are pretty much the same.
So i am just looking for some opinions and pros/cons from you all that know a little more about these phones then me.
TIA

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Go with either the Mytouch 4G or the Nexus S. I like both phones but to me the Nexus S is the best. If she has a SD card and is wanting to use it in her phone then maybe the Mytouch 4G. If she doesn't care about ex. storage then the Nexus S. If she wants 4G then the MyTouch but is she doesn't care then maybe the Nexus S. Maybe this will help you decide which is best for her.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
If she's going to be a very mild user the LG optimus t may even be suitable enough for her. All the phones you mentioned are good choices.

myphone

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the little break down baconstor... thats a good way to look at the phones. i told her the Nexus S would be a good choice bc of its true android plat from and just how good it is with handling multi tasking like taking pics and quickly emailing them to ppl and then turn around and post them to facebook within 1-1.5min... you know what i mean.
im just wondering if she should hold out till like Feb... isnt there supposed to be some more droids hitting t-mobile that will be dual core and what not?

rb81

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Nexus S

Either the Nexus S or the my touch. I have used both extensively and my personal preference is the Nexus s. However both are excellent phones.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. If that is what you want to do is wait for the dual core then go for it. There are some that are supposed to come to T-Mobile sometime Q1 this year. And if they aren't what she likes then there is always the Nexus S. It is a pure Android device and it will get all of the updates.

You can get a great dual core phone but you won't be sure to get all the updates, but if you get a Nexus S then you are sure to get every update that it can support. Also I am sure they are going to make a dual-core Nexus by the end of the year. So all on preference! Good luck on your choice.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
I think the MYtouch will be the overall best experience for because shes not "one of us" lol...

ps...This was my 300th post! yay android!

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I think the MYtouch will be the overall best experience for because shes not "one of us" lol...

ps...This was my 300th post! yay android!

Ya lol she isn't "one of us". It is all on what you think is better for her. The only reason I wouldn't get the mytouch is because of the sense and with the Nexus you get updates directly from Google.

ps... This is my 195th post! 5 more to 200!

haha jk I liked that part. GO AC!