Google is not ready to pass the torch to Honeycomb yet Android 2.4 is on the way!!!

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
This update is going to bring the Nexus S what 2.3 didn't. Like HD recoding, Zoom, contact grouping, also it is supposed to fix some bugs! I'm so excited. Come on' 2.4 fix 2.3!

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This update is going to bring the Nexus S what 2.3 didn't. Like HD recoding, Zoom, contact grouping, also it is supposed to fix some bugs! I'm so excited. Come on' 2.4 fix 2.3!

Still won't fix a missing SD card slot, a led notification light, camera shutter button, and 4G connectivity.

With dual core hardware coming out the software will follow. Expect applications to become more demanding.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Still won't fix a missing SD card slot, a led notification light, camera shutter button, and 4G connectivity.

With dual core hardware coming out the software will follow. Expect applications to become more demanding.

Nope won't fix the SD card.
But you can get no LED from the market for the LED light you want if it doesn't work for you download another app and try it.
Nope won't fix camera shutter.
You do not need 4G connectivity.
In terms of no 4G, it really isn't a big deal at all. I'll tell you why. I really hope people would stop listing it as an issue, or a reason not to get a Nexus S.

As of right now you'll see the same speeds on a Nexus S as you would on a "4G" G2 or MT4G on T-Mo's "4G network". The Nexus S is able to take advantage of the increased speeds on T-Mobiles networks where HSPA+ has been deployed. The Nexus S' radio supports a max download speed of 7.2 Mbps while the G2 and MT4G have 14.4Mbps radios. That 14.4Mbps radio is what T-Mobile refers to as a "4G" capable phone.

The difference in radio speed doesn't really come into play in current real world situations. The fastest network speeds I have found in my area (L.A.) has been a little above 5Mbps down and close to 2Mbps up. I'm able to get those speeds on both a G2 (4G HSPA+ phone) and the Nexus S.

So, for now, you're going to get the same speeds with the Nexus S as you would with a "4G" HSPA+ phone on T-Mobiles network. At least until they increase the network speeds again. When that happens, the "4G" HSPA+ devices will be in better shape because they'll be able to take advantage of that added bandwidth. However, right now all that is irrelevant.

My Nexus S is 4G :) Hell, when all the carriers call their networks 4G when they aren't......why shouldn't we all just say that the Nexus S is a "4G" phone. After all, it can handle the full capacity of the current "4G" network.....So doesn't that make it a "4G" device??

I apologize for going on about this issue, but I'm kinda sick of hearing so many people point out this "lack of 4G" and complain like a little girl. I'm perfectly happy with 5-6Mbps downloads on the cell network until I get my next device in a year or so.
/endrant

And dual-core,......... please! You should be willing to trade dual-core for updates first and pure Google anyday. If not then the Nexus S isn't for you. I suggest if it isn't go return it and get you a dual-core phone. There is a 30 day return policy.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Can you provide source link for this? That would be very exciting indeed.

Would it be too much to hope for a native Google Video Chat app too? : crosses fingers :

fangorious

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

The apps can't use dual core effectively until the OS does. Since the Nexus S is single core, it's unlikely that Google will add full dual core support to the OS until the next Nexus device.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope won't fix the SD card.
But you can get no LED from the market for the LED light you want if it doesn't work for you download another app and try it.
Nope won't fix camera shutter.
You do not need 4G connectivity.

And dual-core,......... please! You should be willing to trade dual-core for updates first and pure Google anyday. If not then the Nexus S isn't for you. I suggest if it isn't go return it and get you a dual-core phone. There is a 30 day return policy.

Just because YOU don't doesn't mean others don't. T-Mobile is upgrading their 4G from 14.4mpbs to 42mbps this year. Keep thinking 4G doesn't matter my friend. Also, LTE technology is much much faster than 3G.

I'm just surprised Google went with this device over something like the Atrix, Optimus 2X, or Infuse. Those devices have much more to offer. Oh well, it isn't like developers wont port Gingerbread any every further smartphone update to these phones.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Can you provide source link for this? That would be very exciting indeed.

Would it be too much to hope for a native Google Video Chat app too? : crosses fingers :

Yes it is on Engadget. I just added my own thoughts on what I think it will add. It said on Engadget it should add video chat to Google Talk. I just added my own hopes.

Just because YOU don't doesn't mean others don't. T-Mobile is upgrading their 4G from 14.4mpbs to 42mbps this year. Keep thinking 4G doesn't matter my friend. Also, LTE technology is much much faster than 3G.

Well it might concern others but not a big deal for me because in my area we don't even have 3G. Only with Alltel and soon AT&T. If you do want the 4G TMo Network and have a Nexus S then I am sorry the Nexus S is probably just not for you. I hope the Next nexus comes out on T-Mobile and the now more friendly AT&T because we are getting 3G in my are! I bet the Next Nexus will have 4G.

Nawktonson

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
When will this be coming out? Is Google pretty secretive about info on updates? Nexus S is my first Android phone and I love it but I am noticing some very minor bugs/glitches every now and then.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The Next Nexus might come out the beginning of next year or in December. And yes, Gingerbread does have some bugs.glitches but they will most likely get fixed. Don't worry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae