Share your Nexus S screens!

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
New badass wallpaper courtesy @jayphill89

x2_4265e47

And you guys need to remind me when we need stickies!

Where did you get that clock widget???

netninja

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
gbhil that's a beautiful home screen you have there. Very clean! Are you using ADW ex by any chance? How do you find its speed and smoothness compared to the home launcher?

Also, noob question: how do I take a homescreen shot so I can share it here?

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

Super easy way: Get ShootMe or Drocap2 from the Market (if you're rooted).

Not as easy way: Otherwise you'll have to use Dalvik Debug Monitor (part of Android SDK) on your 'puter. There's also DroidExplorer and PicMe (personally don't have experience with either).

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
gbhil that's a beautiful home screen you have there. Very clean! Are you using ADW ex by any chance? How do you find its speed and smoothness compared to the home launcher?

Yep. That's ADW ex. I've always had great luck with ADW, and bought ex to help support further development.

IMO it's very smooth and fast, and the best home replacement I've used. And I've used them all :p

My biggest gripe, and why I find myself switching back and forth to stock is the lack of the Gingerbread shortcut to your applications manager on the menu key. I'm constantly messing with things and have to fix my screwy mistakes :p

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe, and why I find myself switching back and forth to stock is the lack of the Gingerbread shortcut to your applications manager on the menu key. I'm constantly messing with things and have to fix my screwy mistakes :p

You probably know this already but you can long press on any home screen, then choose "Shortcuts" then choose "Settings" and then pick either Manage Applications or Running Applications. That'll give you a quick icon shortcut to it. That's what I use with ADW Launcher.

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

That was my Gripe with Launcher Pro on the NS... What's more annoying is the preferences could replace the completely useless search icon in that menu. It might just be me, but I can't understand why anyone would choose [softkey: menu]->Search rather than just [softkey: search].

Currently running Stock launcher, but I think I'll give ADW Ex a go... LauncherPro seemed a bit sluggish compared to the Stock Gingerbread launcher for me.

Last edited:

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised a thread like this hasn't been started and stickied yet. Let's see 'em.

Here are mine. The left one is my current set up (I'm still experimenting to see how that live wallpaper affects my battery). The second one is what I had before.

Edit: I apologize for not taking actual screen caps. I'm not rooted.

Aha but you don't have to be rooted.

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
My screens attached. :D I'm still running the stock Gingerbread launcher. I have LauncherPro but the Gingerbread 3D app tray seems faster at the moment.

I forgot to add what's running there:
Launcher: Stock Gingerbread
Wallpaper: Jumpgate

Widgets List:
Screen 1 (multimedia and entertainment):
  • Youtube
  • ^3 Widget
  • Game Folders

Screen 2 (Info/Data):
  • Beautiful Today 2x1
  • Google News Widget

Screen 3 (Default):
  • Beautiful SuperClock 4x2 (Sense 3D clock and Standard Weather)
  • Mini Info Widget

Screen 4 (Social Networks and Imaging):
  • Picture Frame
  • TeslaLED Widget
  • QuickTeth

Screen 5 (System and Location Apps):
  • Power Control (Stock)
  • Beautiful Toggle: Vibrate
  • Beautiful Toggle: Plane

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Jerry what's the weather and Clock skin your using in that screenshot?

Damn good question :p

I end up wiping and redoing everything at least twice a week. That's why I bought this phone, never thought I'd end up liking it so much I made it my phone phone, ya know what i mean?

I honestly don't remember lol

Here's the current screen
242ym9j.jpg

and before anyone asks -- wallpaper link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5505104/green_lloyd.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers