so lookin for a new phone, wanted the t-bolt on verizon, but they dont seem like they care since iphone is there now. i no t-mo has great hspa+ coverage an speeds here as my friend has a g2 an its awsome. iv also seen some videos of the nexus s doing awsome speeds.

so how well does it perform?

been waitin since nov to find a phone. its between verizon an t-mo....
    01-12-2011 08:09 PM
    Yeah. As of now the Nexus S is capable of handling the 4G speeds. In the future it won't because the 4G speeds are getting faster
    01-12-2011 08:12 PM
    because the hspa+ is just 3g but upgraded. cause tmo isnt running lte or wimax right? att has been good to me, but there is no hspa+ or 4g coverage here.

i just hate not being able to play with the phone before buying it

i no verizon coverage is awsome, tho 4g hasnt been announced in my city, most of the cities i travel to in nc have been. so i might just wait to see when verizon will release phones. an see what tmo could leak/announce in the next 2 months
    01-12-2011 08:29 PM
    You can go to a Best Buy and play with the phone. You'll have to ask them for the display model. But unlike the N1, it is in a real store to try out.
    01-12-2011 09:24 PM
    Well my best buy doesn't carry it. I think the closest one is about 2 hours away. My b buy has paper flyers about it. That's it. Sadly
    01-12-2011 10:28 PM
    So what speeds are you getting? I know the Nexus S operates on 7.2, but the last T-mobile phone I had (nexus one) was when that network was still building out.
    01-13-2011 02:45 AM
    just to answer that ? on my behalf, im on att with iphone 3g (cant wait to ditch it) but when i do speed test around town on 5 bar 3g i get 1 mbps. tho sometimes it feels faster, but my buddy with g2 is gettin about 5mbps an coverage is equal to att. but as i look at att map for hspa+ an lte, im not included so its time to find a better carrier

an now samsung is gonna have a phone that runs 21mbps!
    01-13-2011 11:12 AM
    My average download speeds on my Nexus S range between 2-5Mbps, and my uploads between 1-2Mbps. I can't complain. These speeds are just as fast, if not faster than any other carrier's network at the moment.
    01-13-2011 11:34 AM
    This is why I like T-Mobile's "4g" network, backwards compatibility with 3g devices, they said it themselves, the new network gives a boost to all smartphones with 3g.

Sent from my Nexus S
    01-13-2011 12:01 PM
    Just picked up a Nexus S today (exchanged my MyTouch 4G for it) and I'm pulling down the exact same speeds as I got with the 4G phone. Of course once the upgrade is finished the 4G phones will get faster, but its still pretty great.
    01-13-2011 04:49 PM
    there is a best buy with the phone only 45 mins away from me. i might have to make a day of it an test it out. tho i dont really like many samsung phones. stock android. 4 inch super amoled. an tmo. this is at the top of my list right now.

this is tempting. an iv been itching for a phone.
    01-13-2011 05:46 PM
    there is a best buy with the phone only 45 mins away from me. i might have to make a day of it an test it out. tho i dont really like many samsung phones. stock android. 4 inch super amoled. an tmo. this is at the top of my list right now.

this is tempting. an iv been itching for a phone.
    Its a lot better than what I read before I bought it. Of course, it may not be to your taste, but you just have to try it out for yourself. I was pleasantly surprised.
    01-13-2011 07:18 PM
    I came from the Vibrant myself, which was rooted, running nero, etc to try and get away from the stupid RFS. This phone is flat out better in every aspect. I personally like the style better as well. As far as the speed goes, until they build out all the backhaul/everything else, I don't think we'll worry about seeing speeds higher than what are achieveable on the NS. I went to BB to look at it with no intention of buying it as I loved my Vibrant. They gave me the sample one, which had a dead battery and died within seconds of me powering it on, and I was hooked for whatever reason. The feel is great, the speed is great and the interface is uncluttered by bloatware
    01-14-2011 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD