Placing an existing call on hold when another call comes in

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
OK all you Nexus S guru's, here's a good one for you.

When you're on a call, the screen shows who you're on a call with and you have the various options showing on the screen (keypad, speaker, bluetooth, etc...).

When you get another call, that callers information displays and you have two options...accept the call or decline it. You know, the green and read sliders buttons.

How the hell do you get to your existing call to put them on hold and then accept the new call? Or how do you toggle back and forth between the two calls?

KU Kitch

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
OK all you Nexus S guru's, here's a good one for you.

When you're on a call, the screen shows who you're on a call with and you have the various options showing on the screen (keypad, speaker, bluetooth, etc...).

When you get another call, that callers information displays and you have two options...accept the call or decline it. You know, the green and read sliders buttons.

How the hell do you get to your existing call to put them on hold and then accept the new call? Or how do you toggle back and forth between the two calls?

If you answer the call, it automatically puts the other on hold, and you can switch/merge from the new screen that will show when both calls are going.

Reactions: BartmanJax

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
OK. Seems reasonable. It would have been nice if the "Hold" button that's in the upper left corner would stay there and the new call would just appear on part of the screen. It would probably be more intuitive that way, especially to new smartphone users like me. :p

johnnyboi1016

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
you don't need 'to get to your existing call' when the new call comes in as you still are connected and the only thing that changes is what pops up on your screen..

i think it's pretty intuitive already as you can just continue talking to ignore the call or take the new call which automatically puts the old one on hold - then you have the option to conference them in if you want or just switch back and forth

pguldris

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The first call does not automatically go ON HOLD. I've been experiencing this lately and it wasn't like that before. I cannot find a way to answer the second call without hanging up on the first call and i can't find it in settings either. This just started on my S5 recently. very frustrating

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze