07-09-2012 10:51 AM
33 12
tools
    Hi everyone, first post.

I use gmail as my contacts manager (I don't save to phone memory or SIM card) so what I did to get the "Me" photo showing was add my phone number to my contact info since my google account has a pic.
    01-29-2011 09:16 AM
    Hi everyone, first post.

I use gmail as my contacts manager (I don't save to phone memory or SIM card) so what I did to get the "Me" photo showing was add my phone number to my contact info since my google account has a pic.
    first - welcome to the forum!

second - i added a bunch of info to my contact info in gmail including a pic and my phone number but its still not showing?
    01-29-2011 12:26 PM
    first - welcome to the forum!

second - i added a bunch of info to my contact info in gmail including a pic and my phone number but its still not showing?
    Thanks!

Try pressing menu in the phone contacts > display options. Make sure your gmail account shows up. Press it and you should see "System Group: My Contacts" and make sure that's checked.
    01-29-2011 01:17 PM
    Either planA and planB doesn't work. I suggest using Go SMS app, its good and no annoying on ME photo.
    02-22-2011 06:23 PM
    is there a way for tmo to send my number to my sim card? or do i have to go to the store to have them do it for me? i dont have any other tmo phones to use
    02-23-2011 07:32 AM
    I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me ( I have the OG droid).

If you have a #Warranty Center in your contacts, you should have two numbers listed under it.
    #1: 1-866-406-5754
    #2: Your Phone number

Set the picture from your gallery and then the ME icon should have that picture.

If you don't have that number in your contacts, as I didn't, You can create the contact and it should work.

I still wish i could get the ME icon to sync to my facebook profile but i can't seem to get that working.
    05-02-2011 03:42 PM
    ok on a samsung nexus click on your app button go to apps and find one that says (people)bring it up and the top contact should say (me) might even have your name there-- choose it. it will bring you to another screen..on that screen on the top right are 3 little dots click it then click edit..then when next screen comes up touch your pic then a screen will come up giving your choices were to get your new pic from..when you select a pic it will ask you to crop it.. it will replace old one..then on top left click on done..then restart your phone ..........
    07-09-2012 10:05 AM
    ok to change your profile pic and have it show when you bring up text messaging on a samsung nexus click on your app button go to apps and find one that says (people) bring it up and the top contact should say (me) might even have your name there-- choose it. it will bring you to another screen..on that screen on the top right are 3 little dots click it then click edit..then when next screen comes up touch your pic then a screen will come up giving your choices were to get your new pic from..when you select a pic it will ask you to crop it.. it will replace old one..then on top left click on done..then restart your phone
    07-09-2012 10:51 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD