Android 2.3.2 Released

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got a notification that android 2.3.2 is ready to install. Doesn't say what's included (just says bugfixes like the nexus one update), but its only 600 or so kilobytes so it can't be much.

Reactions: bbpinoy

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
If it is then 2.2.2 looks a whole lot like gin gerbread...:p

Haha! Yeah.. I had both threads open when I posted that didn't notice which I was in for some reason I thought this was the N!.. it's been a long day. In any event.. Phil is likely right as always, likely the same fixes as the Nexus One.

bbpinoy

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
where?? i want 2.3.2 too!!

@phil you have the direct link? :) Thanks!!

Edit: got this from xda: http://android.clients.google.com/p...cd.signed-soju-GRH78C-from-GRH78.353e2673.zip

Can't wait for the notification, manual update for me. BTW, Market is still 2.13, bravo google :)

5376691658_744cfeda3e.jpg

Last edited:

ActaSanctorum

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to update manually via fastboot recovery. I do the Vol Up + Power Button combo, select recovery and have "update.zip" in the root folder of my NS, but it still does not either "see it" or I'm doing it wrong.

Any suggestions?

Also, my market still hasn't updated...

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
They seem to be rolling this 2.3.2 update out really fast. I didn't even know we were getting one. So those who haven't gotten it will probably be getting it in the next day or so I think.

ActaSanctorum

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
They seem to be rolling this 2.3.2 update out really fast. I didn't even know we were getting one. So those who haven't gotten it will probably be getting it in the next day or so I think.

I hope so, the reason I bought the Nexus S was for up to date software. As of now my market hasn't even updated :(.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I hope so, the reason I bought the Nexus S was for up to date software. As of now my market hasn't even updated :(.

Well, I did say they seem to be rolling out this update fast, hehe

Word of advice for your future sanity, though: Patience is a virtue. The Nexus phones do get updated. When the next big update comes, you will get it. Just be patient! :p

(I've been spending way too much time in the Nexus One forums.....)

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just went to my local Best Buy and their demo unit had 2.3.2 here is to hoping it fixes the launcher freezing(issue everyone hates)

Sent from my Nexus S

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't received the over the air update. Does anyone here have any information on how they're rolling them out or if I can do anything to hurry it along? Thanks in advance for any information available.