2.3.2....have you got it yet?

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone post a link to the manual update on Google?

To install the latest Nexus S build GRH78C, follow these steps:

Download the update file from Google’s server: GRH78C-from-GRH78.zip
Copy the file to your phone’s internal storage (/sdcard). The Nexus S can flash any file so there is no need to rename it update.zip
Power off your phone.
Hold down the VOLUME UP button and power it back on.
Use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and press POWER to select it.
When you see the “/!\” symbol, hold the POWER button and then press the VOLUME UP buton.
You should be presented with the Android system recovery menu. Select the option “apply update from /sdcard”
Find the update file (GRH78C-from-GRH78) on your sdcard and then press the POWER button to flash it.
Wait for the update to complete and then select “reboot system now”

Last edited:

lyk13

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
To install the latest Nexus S build GRH78C, follow these steps:

Download the update file from Google’s server: GRH78C-from-GRH78.zip
Copy the file to your phone’s internal storage (/sdcard). Tip: The Nexus S can flash any file so there is no need to rename it update.zip
Power off your phone.
Hold down the VOLUME UP button and power it back on.
Use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and press POWER to select it.
When you see the “/!\” symbol, hold the POWER button and then press the VOLUME UP button.
You should be presented with the Android system recovery menu. Select the option “apply update from /sdcard”
Find the update file (GRH78C-from-GRH78) on your sdcard and then press the POWER button to flash it.
Wait for the update to complete and then select “reboot system now”

Not even sure how the OTA will reach if I'm on another non-designated carrier and not in the US.

Thanks!

Edit: For some reason Google return 503 error while accessing the site to download the update. So I did a google search and found one hosted on Mediafire. But I want some form of verification that the file is legit. Can anyone help?

Lacking a CRC check, but size of the file is 601 KB (615,892 bytes).

Last edited:

nexus s user

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading to 2.3.2 Swype stopped working !!!! It was working as normal android keyboard the slide or sywpe function just stopped working abruptly...Did a reinstall and its working again

Guys any one of you using swype has faced similar issue after upgrading it to 2.3.2????

lyk13

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to manual updating of OTA, this method is 'official' apart from waiting for the OTA right?

Not even sure how the OTA will reach if I'm on another non-designated carrier and not in the US.

Thanks!

Yes. It is the same thing if you wait for the OTA or do it manually.

Reactions: lyk13

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
After upgrading to 2.3.2 Swype stopped working !!!! It was working as normal android keyboard the slide or sywpe function just stopped working abruptly...Did a reinstall and its working again

Guys any one of you using swype has faced similar issue after upgrading it to 2.3.2????

yes I discuss this in another thread delete swipe in just download it again I think it happens if you do a manually

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Baconator, I edited the post just now. Can u help on that? Thanks!

I clicked on the link also and it didn't seem to work. So I went to other websites where they have the same link and got the same message. I will fix it in a minute thanks for telling me. I wouldn't try it on mediafire, I have never used them so I have no clue if the are safe.

EDIT: It is working again. Tell me if it is for you.

lyk13

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I clicked on the link also and it didn't seem to work. So I went to other websites where they have the same link and got the same message. I will fix it in a minute thanks for telling me. I wouldn't try it on mediafire, I have never used them so I have no clue if the are safe.
Maybe it's just temporary down from Google or they have applied a wall on such downloads.

Yeah the mediafire one was uploaded by others, but I would trust a more trusted uploader from one that has it like you.

Maybe you can upload it to this thread or somewhere on android central so everyone will know it's from a trusted source.

Thank you once again! Quite eager to upgrade to 2.3.2 as I only have my Nexus S for half a week. :D

Edit: Wait a minute, NOW it's working again. Google -_____- LOL!!! Just downloaded from the link on your post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance