04-01-2011 09:07 PM
45 12
tools
    Post really says it all. Myself has not got it. What about you?
    01-22-2011 02:42 PM
    Nope, still waiting.
    01-22-2011 03:18 PM
    still waiting but i really like the new market in the mean time
    01-22-2011 03:35 PM
    I believe you can search for it and download it and then manually update, that's what I did at least
    01-22-2011 03:36 PM
    I believe you can search for it and download it and then manually update, that's what I did at least
    Yeah. Me, too.
    01-22-2011 04:20 PM
    Anyone post a link to the manual update on Google?
    01-22-2011 04:30 PM
    Search and you will find :-)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    01-22-2011 05:18 PM
    Do I need to use my computer to do it manually or can I do it straight from my phonem thank you in advance.
    01-22-2011 11:13 PM
    To install the latest Nexus S build GRH78C, follow these steps:

Download the update file from Google’s server: GRH78C-from-GRH78.zip
    Copy the file to your phone’s internal storage (/sdcard). The Nexus S can flash any file so there is no need to rename it update.zip
    Power off your phone.
    Hold down the VOLUME UP button and power it back on.
    Use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and press POWER to select it.
    When you see the “/!\” symbol, hold the POWER button and then press the VOLUME UP buton.
    You should be presented with the Android system recovery menu. Select the option “apply update from /sdcard”
    Find the update file (GRH78C-from-GRH78) on your sdcard and then press the POWER button to flash it.
    Wait for the update to complete and then select “reboot system now”
    01-22-2011 11:16 PM
    Updated it Manually to 2.3.2. It just took couple of minutes
    01-22-2011 11:47 PM
    To install the latest Nexus S build GRH78C, follow these steps:

Download the update file from Google’s server: GRH78C-from-GRH78.zip
    Copy the file to your phone’s internal storage (/sdcard). Tip: The Nexus S can flash any file so there is no need to rename it update.zip
    Power off your phone.
    Hold down the VOLUME UP button and power it back on.
    Use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and press POWER to select it.
    When you see the “/!\” symbol, hold the POWER button and then press the VOLUME UP button.
    You should be presented with the Android system recovery menu. Select the option “apply update from /sdcard”
    Find the update file (GRH78C-from-GRH78) on your sdcard and then press the POWER button to flash it.
    Wait for the update to complete and then select “reboot system now”

Not even sure how the OTA will reach if I'm on another non-designated carrier and not in the US.

Thanks!

Edit: For some reason Google return 503 error while accessing the site to download the update. So I did a google search and found one hosted on Mediafire. But I want some form of verification that the file is legit. Can anyone help?

Lacking a CRC check, but size of the file is 601 KB (615,892 bytes).
    01-23-2011 12:01 AM
    After upgrading to 2.3.2 Swype stopped working !!!! It was working as normal android keyboard the slide or sywpe function just stopped working abruptly...Did a reinstall and its working again

Guys any one of you using swype has faced similar issue after upgrading it to 2.3.2????
    01-23-2011 12:21 AM
    After upgrading to 2.3.2 Swype stopped working !!!! It was working as normal android keyboard the slide or sywpe function just stopped working abruptly...Did a reinstall and its working again

Guys any one of you using swype has faced similar issue after upgrading it to 2.3.2????
    Yes it was highlighted before in another thread.

Here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/sams...tml#post550821
    01-23-2011 12:35 AM
    Hi, I'm new to manual updating of OTA, this method is 'official' apart from waiting for the OTA right?

Not even sure how the OTA will reach if I'm on another non-designated carrier and not in the US.

Thanks!
    Yes. It is the same thing if you wait for the OTA or do it manually.
    lyk13 likes this.
    01-23-2011 12:47 AM

yes I discuss this in another thread delete swipe in just download it again I think it happens if you do a manually
    01-23-2011 12:50 AM
    Yes. It is the same thing if you wait for the OTA or do it manually.
    Baconator, I edited the post just now. Can u help on that? Thanks!
    01-23-2011 12:51 AM
    Baconator, I edited the post just now. Can u help on that? Thanks!
    I clicked on the link also and it didn't seem to work. So I went to other websites where they have the same link and got the same message. I will fix it in a minute thanks for telling me. I wouldn't try it on mediafire, I have never used them so I have no clue if the are safe.

EDIT: It is working again. Tell me if it is for you.
    01-23-2011 12:57 AM
    I clicked on the link also and it didn't seem to work. So I went to other websites where they have the same link and got the same message. I will fix it in a minute thanks for telling me. I wouldn't try it on mediafire, I have never used them so I have no clue if the are safe.
    Maybe it's just temporary down from Google or they have applied a wall on such downloads.

Yeah the mediafire one was uploaded by others, but I would trust a more trusted uploader from one that has it like you.

Maybe you can upload it to this thread or somewhere on android central so everyone will know it's from a trusted source.

Thank you once again! Quite eager to upgrade to 2.3.2 as I only have my Nexus S for half a week.

Edit: Wait a minute, NOW it's working again. Google -_____- LOL!!! Just downloaded from the link on your post.
    01-23-2011 01:01 AM
    Visit this website
    http://www.redmondpie.com/download-a...-how-to-guide/
    It has a good link download.
    01-23-2011 01:03 AM
    Ok sure.

But the google download link is abit weird. It works once, and thereafter 503 again.

Did you fix anything or it's just Google being indecisive? LOL
    01-23-2011 01:06 AM
    No it is Google.
    I try it once and it doesn't work. I try it again and it does. ?????? I downloaded it like 15 times on my computer lol.

Many think it is just the SMS Bug fix but it also fixes other issues.
    01-23-2011 01:08 AM
    Yeah. Just updated mine. It didn't change Baseband and Kernel versions right?

THank you!
    01-23-2011 01:20 AM
    Yeah. Just updated mine. It didn't change Baseband and Kernel versions right?

THank you!
    Right. I think. I really didn't pay attention to those. As long as it says 2.3.2 I think your good.

No problem. If you ever have questions just ask.
    lyk13 likes this.
    01-23-2011 01:26 AM
    My device has it and WOW! It is amazing my device can now read SD cards and it has dual core too! These are very minor updates, the 2.3.1 update no one knew what it did and this update is just for SMS(still pretty nice) . Regardless, I have it on my device and Google has still neglected to fix the launcher freezing issue

Sent from my Nexus S
    01-24-2011 09:59 AM
    Just got it myself today.
    01-24-2011 01:57 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD