So I noticed that AC has added Seidio's Innocase Surface (nee Platinum case from best buy) to the AC store. But I noticed something subtly different about the Nexus pictured.

The Search box is black, and the icons are different too. One thing that stuck out is the music icon; it matches the icon for the new music player.

I know the screen images are simulated, but I just thought it was odd...
    01-26-2011 02:06 AM
    The black is awesome! Maybe a sign of things to come?????
    01-26-2011 03:22 PM
    i want my search box to be that color right now!
    01-26-2011 03:32 PM
    I bet there is a rom somewhere that makes it black. My captivate had a rom that made it black. But it does look awesome!
    01-26-2011 04:03 PM
    i want my search box to be that color right now!
    lol dadds27

Oh no! Now that the white Nexus S is out, we 1st gen Nexus S owners are getting screwed by Google! Why'd you dump us so fast, Google!?

[DISCLAMIER: Above post is pure sarcasam ]
    01-26-2011 04:33 PM
    It probably just had a rom flashed on it. Maybe a skin. This is maybe a sign of a future update. Maybe. Hopefully.

The question I have about this picture us what has that open looking sport on the side under the volume rocker. SD Card??
    01-26-2011 04:52 PM
    What!? The white nexus s is no different
    Deep breath Baconator. Of course there's no difference, I was just joking around and doing an imitation of how some folks are regarding updates. I must of done a pretty good one, hehe
    01-26-2011 05:02 PM
    Ya I kind of read that just a while ago. Haha sorry.
    01-26-2011 05:06 PM
    Honeycomb? Lol

Sent from my Nexus S
    01-26-2011 05:28 PM
    Honeycomb? Lol

Sent from my Nexus S
    I hope not! I am really hoping that Honeycomb will change the look of the Android OS on Smarter Phones. I like how it is now but Honeycomb on tablets looks AMAZING. I don't want it exactly like on the tablet but just a Big change.
    01-26-2011 06:24 PM
    It probably just had a rom flashed on it. Maybe a skin. This is maybe a sign of a future update. Maybe. Hopefully.
    Eh, there are too many similarities with future updates we already know of. (like the updated music icon) I doubt its a skin, which is why I posted it.

The question I have about this picture us what has that open looking sport on the side under the volume rocker. SD Card??
    Opening to stick your fingernail in to take the front half of the case off.
    Baconator likes this.
    01-26-2011 06:49 PM
    Thanks. I kinda figured it out when I went to the Best By site and then I remembered it at the Best Buy store.
    01-26-2011 07:10 PM
    I hope not! I am really hoping that Honeycomb will change the look of the Android OS on Smarter Phones. I like how it is now but Honeycomb on tablets looks AMAZING. I don't want it exactly like on the tablet but just a Big change.
    I actually hope Honeycomb doesn't change android TOO much. I love UI refinements but I still want to use the android that caught my eye in the beginning.
    01-26-2011 08:14 PM
    That was the first thing I noticed too. Wonder what that opening is for...

Edit: Ah, I see. Nevermind. ><
    01-26-2011 08:44 PM
    i didnt want a white nexus s i just wanted a black search box lol
    01-26-2011 09:34 PM
    Guys its just a photoshoped image....Just something that the makers of the case did to perk up the picture, to liven up the image. Like camera ads and car accessories ads.

And the recess/ opening in the case below the one for the volume rockers is what i presume AC's future proofing their case. In case another phone is launched similar to this and with an sd card......

ER.....AH JUST WENT THROUGH THE WHOLE THREAD AFTER POSTING.......SORRY....but i still think its a photoshop image...note the color change in some of the icons as well....and the wallpaper.....
    01-27-2011 07:39 AM
    You can find different themes around the good ole net, see:

I got it from here: [THEME] Themes for MoDaCo r10, CM7 Alpha3, CM7 Nightlies and Bionix 1.2 - xda-developers
    01-27-2011 08:23 PM
    Guys its just a photoshoped image....Just something that the makers of the case did to perk up the picture, to liven up the image. Like camera ads and car accessories ads.

And the recess/ opening in the case below the one for the volume rockers is what i presume AC's future proofing their case. In case another phone is launched similar to this and with an sd card......

ER.....AH JUST WENT THROUGH THE WHOLE THREAD AFTER POSTING.......SORRY....but i still think its a photoshop image...note the color change in some of the icons as well....and the wallpaper.....
    I don't buy that its a Photoshop. A case maker wouldn't go to the trouble of changing as many things as are changed just for this graphic.
    01-27-2011 09:57 PM
    I don't buy that its a Photoshop. A case maker wouldn't go to the trouble of changing as many things as are changed just for this graphic.
    Are you crazy? Seriously, to a graffic designer that is baby work. It wouldn't take him more than an hour to make that black. It's 2k11, they dont have to start from scratch for every add. They took an already finished CG Nexus and spruced it up. End of story.
    01-27-2011 10:34 PM
    Are you crazy? Seriously, to a graffic designer that is baby work. It wouldn't take him more than an hour to make that black. It's 2k11, they dont have to start from scratch for every add. They took an already finished CG Nexus and spruced it up. End of story.
    Doubt it. The calendar is different, the music icon is different (and changing blue to yellow isn't an easy feat without making it noticeable), plus the search box. I've worked with photoshop, and changing a search box like that would not be easy without it being noticeable.

And then there's the fact that we're talking about SEIDIO for christ's sake. If this was Case-mate or Otterbox they might make the effort, but not Seidio.

So yeah, it being a photoshop is not a reasonable explanation.
    01-28-2011 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD