Nexus S on AT&T?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems like it is happening, no surprise they said it takes em 3 months per carrier and it's been nearly 3 months since the release of the Nexus S. Not surprised one bit

Sent from my Nexus S

Griffspen

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm debating between the AT&T Nexus S, Atrix, and Inspire as my next phone. What would you guys recommend that have been using the Nexus S? I'm coming from a Captivate and Vibrant BTW.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
@Griffspen

Of course we'd recommend the NS! :) Seriously, though, I'd say try each one out. Best Buy generally has a demo unit (you may have to ask them to see it). The raw hardware specs are probably going to be better on the Atrix and Inspire, so if that matters to you you'll want to by-pass the NS. I'm of the belief that unless you're gaming or doing CAD drawings or something intensive on your phone, the real word performance between the NS, Atrix, and Inspire aren't going to be that big. With that said, the NS seems to perform quite well on games. Need for Speed runs quite smoothly. But some people want the bigger specs and benchmark numbers.

So why'd I choose the NS? For the main one, see the first bullet below. The other big reason is that the NS is like building your own PC. The only thing on there is just what I want on there. I don't use Facebook, so guess what? No Facebook app! The other reasons can be summed up as: It's a really nice phone, and performs quite well. [Despite what the NS haters would have you believe.]

- The Nexus phones' software comes directly from Google. Your phone will always have the latest version (bugs and all!). [This doesn't mean you get it instantly, just that you'll be running the newest before anyone else]. Rarely can the same be said for carrier/manufacturer phones.

- The Nexus phones are easily rooted and are easy to switch ROMs on. (Though this isn't something I do).

- The Nexus phones are developer phones, so theoretically, there should be a higher degree of app compatibility. (Since you would assume the devs use the Nexus as the baseline for their app.)

- The carrier/manufacture phones generally have more features (like the Atrix!) and sometimes the addon software is very useful

- The carrier/manufacture phones *may* have fewer little bugs in them. I personally have not had any issues with my NS, and those I've noticed are just minor. Others have had more serious issues.

Just be sure to look closely at the NS specsheet to be sure you're OK with it. (No SD slot to add more memory is a big one folks get hung up on). Hope this helps some

Last edited:

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you are into getting the latest software and getting ROMs with ease, Nexus S... want a really smart phone with speed? Either or is fine.

Sent from my Nexus S

awtryau89

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Nexus S Review | MobileSyrup.com

Looks like they got ahold of a Canadian/AT&T 850/1900 version...hope it drops soon. Was tempted to buy atrix but I want my first android experience to be stock

Smart move. Just sold my Atrix. Not close to any HTC or Galaxy phone. I am anxiously awaiting this on AT&T. Please hurry Google!!!

I am not a big gamer even so I found the Inspire to run smoother than the Atrix. Not sure what was going on in there but my Atrix was laggy and the screen not nearly as responsive.

anon(110041)

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
What device are you coming from? IPhone?

Sent from my Nexus S

I'm on a Palm Pre 2 right now, I really do like web OS but the keyboard blows and its really buggy. Will miss the touchstone the most. I had the iPhone 4, dropped <2 feet and shattered so I sold it on eBay. Going from iPhone screen to the Pre is almost painful