I really want 2.4 on my Nexus S. From what was said it will let dual-core apps run on single-core phones. I just want to play Monster Madness on my tablet and my Nexus S. The Nexus S may not be dual-core but it will soon be able to run dual-core apps.
    02-12-2011 04:04 PM
    I really want 2.4 on my Nexus S. From what was said it will let dual-core apps run on single-core phones. I just want to play Monster Madness on my tablet and my Nexus S. The Nexus S may not be dual-core but it will soon be able to run dual-core apps.
    Look, I hate to break this to you, but quite simply... we don't know, maybe we might get 3.1? Maybe we might not get an update for some time, but if an app or game(especially a game) requires dual core, then the OS allowing it to be run with a single core, could just make your device crash. Yes, I think the Nexus S is fully capable of running the game, but I don't think this will be the case as Unreal 3 starts to come to more games, we need dual core for such demanding games and apps... so sorry, I don't really know if there is any limitation to start an app up if you don't have dual core. As of now, we need to know when the update is coming, and what it will actually do.
    02-12-2011 04:55 PM
    The next time we may see Google come out and talk about an update would be Google io. The only thing is I was checking out all the keynotes they have and it's all on honeycomb, so that either means HC for phones or more tablet stuff.
    02-12-2011 07:54 PM
    Just because a phone is dual-core doesnt mean it uses the complete power of both cores. Remember, the Nexus S has been overclocked at 1.4ghz. I don't see why they would drop 2.4 on the Nexus S and it not have the ability to handle it. I think it will be a while before we see apps that use the total power of both processor cores.
    02-13-2011 11:02 PM
    What I really want from the next update are glitch fixes. Gingerbread sure needs them.
    02-14-2011 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD