Best ROM/build for the Nexus S?

marik1234

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
On a stock GB 2.3.3 N1 right now, might buy a Nexus S next week. This time I'll probably root it ASAP to avoid not wanting to lose all my texts, settings/displays/desktops and apps after having used it a while and long enough to put a ton of data on my phone. I'm guessing Cyanogen is still king, what CM mod build/ROM is the best? Best as in smoothest/fastest, best pure vanilla android experience, most feature packed and most stable and fully functional. Thanks a lot.

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
For CM7, I would have to say RC1 is the most reliable build. Although, I do prefer flashing the nightly's. As for the 'best pure vanilla android experience' CM7 is definitely not. True vanilla are builds released directly from Google (think stock). Lastly, for fastest, there are a few options to OC such as Trinity or Netarchy Nexus builds. Trinity tends to be faster, but Netarchy Nexus are a bit more stable. Of course YMMV. Personally, I like using ogdobber's stock voodoo kernel w/ext4. It's not an OC kernel but it does moves things along.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay