2.3.3 sucks...

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
ok so i just manually updated my NS to 2.3.3, and this update is sorry. I read about the yellow effect and stuff, but now gingerbread looks lame. first off, the new launcher looks terrible, it's all fuzzy and not clear. it chugs when you have a live wallpaper active, like terrible chugging. the menus are less black (looks dry). I'm pissed on this update. What the hell happend. Thank god for launcher pro, because that is exactly what i'm using now lol. i know it's been said before, but hopefully google developers will see all of these comments and say "hmm, what were we thinking?" anyways, any of you experience these things other than the blacks being less black?

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry you are feeling that way about 2.3.3. You can always go back to 2.3.2 if you really dislike the new update. The screen got a little yellower on me but doesn't bother me anymore. The launcher and its blurryness sometimes does. Well if you need help going back to 2.3.2 just ask.

Last edited:

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind yellower screen either, i actually like it more than I did the other one.

I'm honestly mostly happy about not having my phone shut off in the middle of calls, texts, emails, etc., anymore.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i'm used to the update now, but thank you for your replies. After having the update on my phone phone for half a week i can say that the battery life sucks now. idk if it is just me, but my phone will sit for like 5-10mins and the percent will go down fast. Charging takes really long now. but i'm still thankful i have 2.3.3 than anything else, when other people are hoping to get 2.3, life is good with my NS. But thanks again:)

bclapper

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
2.3.3 is perfectly fine and it's not a huge deal realistically. Anyone who exaggerates the significance of this update is peddling bull****. The color is changed for the better end of story. Day to day use of the Nexus S is unchanged. Bottom line, the Nexus S is still the best smartphone on the market.

Cheva Daniswara

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm using 2.3.6 the battery is draining fast like SCC Thrust car, and the apps are limited. worse i have android 2.3.3 in my tab and i'm searching for Real Racing 3 i tried to install that, it worked. then i tried to find that game in my android 2.3.6 and i did find it but it says "your device is not compatible with this app" how troll is that? then my friend invited me to play Clash of Clans in facebook, so i open the link and it says "your device is not compatible with this app" then i throw my phone to wall