2.3.3 Problem

elkentino

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yo guys,

I had updated to 2.3.3 a couple days ago and everything was swell until today when I lost reception for hours so I decided to factory reset the phone..

Now I have my service back but although it still shows 2.3.3 in 'About Phone' it's clearly back to the 2.3.2. I tried updating again but nothing changes. I really liked 2.3.3!!! What do I do!!?

chrisharmful

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure, and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see why you couldn't just do the update again, just as you would if you were manually pushing the update to your phone.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay what you do its plug your phone into your computer and then go to it. you should see the update in your phones internal storage. Delete it and then then put the 2.3.3 update just likr you would if you were doing yet manually. Visit the FAQ'S if you need to know how to update to 2.3.3 manually. Tell me if this helps. MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE STEPS EXACTLY HOW THERE ARE IN THE LINK IN THE FAQs BECAUSE YOU COULD END UP HARMING YOUR PHONE.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Why did you think a factory reset was the way to go?

What did the log say when you were having these problems?

I respectfully suggest a windows approach (nuke it all and reinstall) is not the way you want to go at the first hint of trouble.

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Yo guys,

I had updated to 2.3.3 a couple days ago and everything was swell until today when I lost reception for hours so I decided to factory reset the phone..

Now I have my service back but although it still shows 2.3.3 in 'About Phone' it's clearly back to the 2.3.2. I tried updating again but nothing changes. I really liked 2.3.3!!! What do I do!!?

Factory reset does not revert the OS version. If it says you are running 2.3.3 then you are running 2.3.3.

It is more likely that the factory reset resolved the issue you were having.

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
In addition to looking at the Android version #, look at both the radio (baseband) and build #s. If they're JK8 & GRI40, you're most likely still on 2.3.3

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

ms6366

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Android 2.3.3 Problems

I too just downloaded 2.3.3 a couple of days ago and now I've had to take the battery out 4 times because the phone would not make any calls or send any texts! I've had no issues with my Droid X up until now. Once I take out the battery, everything is fine - but when you really need to make a call it is a pain in the butt!

Any suggestions?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yo guys,

A factory reset formats the /data folder. The files that make up your OS are in a different folder, /system. A factory reset only erases your apps and setting - it doesn't change your OS version.

I too just downloaded 2.3.3 a couple of days ago and now I've had to take the battery out 4 times because the phone would not make any calls or send any texts! I've had no issues with my Droid X up until now. Once I take out the battery, everything is fine - but when you really need to make a call it is a pain in the butt!

Any suggestions?

Is there a reason you're not upgrading to 2.3.4?

Sent by a little green robot

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

Any suggestions?

You say you have a Droid X. Where did you download your update from? The updates referred to here are for the Nexus S phones only.

If you applied the official update from Motorola and Verizon, I would start with them for support. They published an update that is causing problems on your phone.

If you rooted and are having issues with a custom kernel/ROM, you might try asking in the Droid X forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood