New Market and Updates not pushing?

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello, all.

Due to a screen defect, I had to exchange my Nexus S for a new one. I have had the new one for 3 days and I have yet to get the new market OR the 2.3.2/2.3.3 updates pushed to the device...

Yes, I know I can do this manually, however, I prefer to have pushed to my device. I am assuming this will still be pushed? I tried searching for updates and it said none available.

Just wait?

Thanks.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Google said it will be a while till EVERYONE has the 2.3.3 update. It might take a while for both of the updates. Sorry. You can always do it manually. Also about the market HERE is a thread that tells you how to get the new one.

Last edited:

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Try force checking by dialing this thru your dialer: *#*#checkin#*#*
Don't hit send, just watch the notification area for a prompt indicating that you are checked in.

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I applied 2.3.3 manually, but I also did a factory reset. Took about 5 days for the new market to show up again.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I've not got the OTA for 2.3.3 yet either. It's been a couple of weeks and would've thought it be out by now. Oh well, not in that big a hurry.

(Don't suppose Google suspended it do you? <--- Rumor mongering :cool:)

As for the market update, my N1 just updated to 2.3.3 a couple of days ago and I noticed the market had reverted back to the old style. Guess it'll re-update itself in due time.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello, all.

Well, its been almost 2 weeks since my original post and still nothing has updated. No new market and still sitting firmly at 2.3...

Any reason to be concerned as of yet?

Thanks again.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have it by Thursday morning you are allowed to start worrying. Thursday would mark it being 3 weeks since the update has been pushed, and Google said it should take only about 2 weeks.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Yep, neither mine nor my wife's has updated to 2.3.3. All updates to 2.3.2 we got OTA without issue.

I was joking in the previous post, but I'm actually beginning to wonder if Google has put the brakes on the OTA? Probably not, but odd it would take this long. Since our phones don't appear affected by random reboots, I'm not too worried about it yet, though.

@Jalarm
You know, Google never hits their time estimates. Wouldn't be surprised if this drags out to six weeks! :) (Wish I could get away with that at my job.)

rb81

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I got previous updates within a few days...I'm still waiting as well. Not in a big rush only had one reboot since launch.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
@font1975, that's what I kinda meant give them a little more time because they are very slow. I mean look how long their beta's last.