03-19-2011 06:12 PM
29 12
tools
    what do you mean by unlocked?
    03-19-2011 11:59 AM
    I was really excited about the NS4G announcement, but after thinking about it, I'll probably stick with my Evo with CM7, and wait for the Evo 3D to get a CM rom before upgrading to that instead. After experiencing AOSP Gingerbread, there's no way I'm going back to Sense, but I really do want the Evo 3D's qHD screen.

I like the NS' design more than the current Evo's, but the build quality of the one I played with in the store wasn't in the same league by a longshot. It reminded me of the Pre--a very cheap plastic feel. The lack of HDMI and a microSD card slot (especially for a 16G device) are too glaring to ignore. I don't have HDMI support with the current CM7, but at least we know that fullHDMI is being worked into the rom. NFC probably won't start getting traction for another 18 months (when Apple finally supports it, so that the public actually knows it exists), so unless you're a developer trying to get on the bleeding edge, there's not much added value to NFC. I could probably overlook the NS' current limitations if it had a qHD screen, but that's almost certainly not going to happen.

I would say hold off on the NS4G unless you don't have the ability, patience or will to root and rom the new Evo.
    03-19-2011 12:10 PM
    damn you Sprint! Really?! idk Two phones of this caliber... HTC Hero enjoy your time with me while you can.
    03-19-2011 03:13 PM
    I wonder if TMO will get this phone.

03-19-2011 06:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD