In for repair

ahunter281#WP

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Had my phone since the end of december and had none of the reported issues but last night my phone began to just switch off and would only come back on with a battery pull. I therefore removed the latest apps that I had put on hoping that would help but it did it again. Did a restore/hard reset and it still did it again this morning. This time though I saw a warning triangle in the notification area but couldn't check it as the screen was unresponsive and then it switched off again.
Due to this I have taken it back to CPW for it to be fixed and hope to get it back working or a replacement in a couple of weeks. Totally gutted by this as this has been the best phone I have had so far and I have had blackberries, iphone 3gs and recent nokias. Just hope this isn't the start of future problems.

Last edited:

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I had to send mine in to CPW for repair. It said it was charging when it wasn't, and the screen kept coming on by itself, usually straight after turning it off with the lock key.

When I got it back, they said it wasn't covered by the warranty but fixed it for free anyway - I noticed they had unlocked the bootloader and flashed it back to 2.3.1 (it was on 2.3.2 when I gave it to them). When I complained to the CPW Staff, he didn't have a clue what I was on about.

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Manual update is easy, it's the unlocked bootloader which I was bothered by. I get a big unlocked padlock on the boot screen now. I guess I should take the opportunity to root and try some custom roms now.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton