Hello All,

I really like the quick app/task switcher on the honeycomb tablets. You just click a button and "bam" your tasks are there. Is there any way to make one of the capacitive buttons on the Nexus S like an app switcher? I know I can hold down home but I want something more instant. I remember someone from Google talking about how they want to make switching between tasks more fluid, like no extra step or waiting. I'm not rooted. I know there are few apps like task switcher or wave launcher but it's not really what I'm looking for. Any ideas? Thanks!!
    04-17-2011 11:41 PM
    as of right now...no there is nothing you can do. But for the next version of android most definitely we will get some sort of multitasking honeycomb has.
    04-18-2011 06:05 AM
    you could maybe give SwipePad a try. It's not exactly a task switcher either, its a launcher of sorts. The basic concept is that you can swipe from a designated region of your screen and a list of tasks, that you previously set, will appear. I believe you can set up to 12 things so you could put the 12 most used apps on there.
    04-18-2011 04:53 PM
    Thanks so much for the replies! I'll def. give SwipePad a try. Jalarm, good point on the honeycomb builds coming. I bet that will have something to satisfy my tasty needs.
    04-18-2011 11:56 PM
    download quickdesk. It's advertised as a pop up homescreen launcher that works with any launcher you have to give you an additional screen from anywhere in your phone. So say you're in the browser and want to access an app or widget or something, you double tap home, a screen pops up and your app/widget/etc is immediately available.

The secret part about the app, is that it also has a recently used apps tray at the bottom that scrolls horizontally. So it acts like an app switcher (also from anywhere on your phone), simply by double tapping the home key and launching the quickdesk home screen.

https://market.android.com/details?i...from_developer

hope this helps
    08-24-2011 08:41 PM