how to unlock t-mobile nexus s to be used on At&t

fallensoulja

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
hey guys i have a friend who has a t-mobile nexus s and wants to unlock it for at&t and we know he won't get 3g but he stll wants it so if yall could post some links with cheap unlock services, or at least how to do it, i would really appreciate it

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
What he needs to do is buy an AT&T SIM card and put it in the phone. I think you will need a password so you might have to call AT&T, or go the the AT&T store.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus S on ATT. You don't need a password just put the sim card in turn on the phone and your ready to go.

anon(226518)

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
you can just put in your AT&T SIM as Jalarm mentioned. However, with the supported bands in this phone, you'll only get 2g on AT&T. I believe that is why AT&T now has their own version of the Nexus S that has a different radio to support their 3G bands.

It's a drag because if/when AT&T gobble up TMO, our current Nexus Ss will pretty much be useless. I'm hoping they'll give us a heavy discount to switch it out.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
As everyone has said, just put your SIM in and go. Remember, Nexus phones are unlocked! That's a big part of their charm. Google typically builds different models of the Nexus phones; with the only real difference being the 3G radio used:

Currently, there are three models of Nexus S that I know of:
1. Nexus S with a 900/1700/2100Mhz 3G radio for use on T-Mobile and European networks

2. Nexus S with an 850/1900/2100Mhz 3G radio for use on AT&T/Canada networks, with compatibility in Europe as well.

3. The CDMA Nexus S for use on Sprint. Will not work with GSM networks like AT&T, T-Mo and most of the world.

All Nexus GSM models support the GSM (2G) bands: 850/900/1900/2100, which just about every GSM carrier worldwide support. While there's overlap with the 3G bands, they are 2G/Edge only.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I believe one of the reasons the Nexus S is slightly more expensive than 500, is because it comes unlocked. So no passwords or unlocking, just slip an AT&T SIM card and you can use EDGE on your Nexus S.

Sent from my Xoom

treotogo

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Why not get a Nexus S that works on ATT 3G bands? I have one that works with 3G and its amazing! I got it off Negrielectronics.com

I just do the same thing. Got the white Nexus S from Negri...works perfect!
paid $598 but sold my Nexus One (att 3g band version) to help with the cost.

BEST Android phone I have owned to date...this includes the N1, Droid, Droid X, Incredible, and the Atrix which went back after 2 wks. Awesome device but glitchy with blur.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just do the same thing. Got the white Nexus S from Negri...works perfect!
paid $598 but sold my Nexus One (att 3g band version) to help with the cost.

BEST Android phone I have owned to date...this includes the N1, Droid, Droid X, Incredible, and the Atrix which went back after 2 wks. Awesome device but glitchy with blur.

Yeah problem with it is that it's white... not really a problem but black suits this device like a glove, it's classic Samsung look and the fact that Gingerbread is very dark makes it feel and look cooler. But still people have been waiting for one with AT&T bands, they got it, and I think that's great the more people can get their hands on this device the more devs could arise.

Sent from my Xoom