I might be a little OC here, but is your Nexus S' camera also not flush with the battery cover? Mine seems to sit higher at the top of the phone and a bit lower than the battery cover towards the bottom. The camera works fine, but I just want to know if this is normal for peace of mind. Pic below:

04-24-2011 10:23 AM
    Yeah it doesn't look like that on mine. It's pretty flush with the battery cover try another battery cover, it could just be that. If not then your unit is "defective" wouldn't complain, but if it's new then just replace it.

Sent from my Xoom
    04-24-2011 12:39 PM
    Thanks for your input! That's unfortunate. Having shipped the device half-way around the globe from the US, a return isn't an option. Thankfully the camera seems to be working fine.

I observed that the flash also shares the same angle as the camera. Do they share the same mount? Also, with the phone placed face-down on a flat surface, the camera and flash lines up almost perfectly parallel with the flat surface. Maybe mine might be a variance on the battery cover molding?

04-24-2011 01:05 PM
    Well I believe they share the same mount, never opened her up so don't hold me to that. Uhm you could always try buying another battery door and trying that.

Sent from my Xoom
    04-24-2011 02:04 PM
    Mine looks similar to that, although it's hard to see. To me it just looks like the camera is flat with the main part of the case, but the top of the camera isn't because the phone starts to curve.
    04-28-2011 07:28 AM
    OK that makes two of us. It's hardly visible. I never really realized this until I accidentally touched the lens and felt the "lip" of the battery cover on the lens.
    04-28-2011 11:32 AM
    Mine is actually like that, I was looking at that picture and my phone for like 5 minuets comparing. I think it looks kind of cool that way though.
    04-28-2011 11:51 AM
    My camera is the same way. I think all of them are.
    04-28-2011 04:29 PM