View Poll Results: Motorola Atrix vs Nexus S?

16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Nexus S

16 100.00%
  • Motorola Atrix

0 0%
    Greetings everyone, another migrant from CrackBerry here. I've had enough of the RIM koolaid, and just plain old feel behind. I got a BlackBerry because I felt behind not having a smartphone, and now I have a smartphone that's behind. Anyway, enough of my story...I need some help!

I really, really like the Nexus S...however the $550 price tag on one isn't sitting pretty with me, and it may be worth a contract extension (haven't extended my contract in over 4 years) to get a subsidized price. Problem is, I can't get the Nexus S subsidized...well, because you all know why. Then there is the horrible Android selection with AT&T. The Inspire isn't bad, but the screen is just too big. I don't want a huge brick in my pocket, I was something nimble and quick.

I'm slightly interested in the Atrix, as it has a similar form factor to the Nexus S, but I don't know how I feel about the encrypted bootloader, Blur UI, and the AT&T sideloading. In addition, it's already running outdated firmware, and I don't like how I would be locked into whatever software version Samsung/AT&T decides to release. Anyway, I need some experts opinions on this matter since I keep getting conflicting reviews and comparisons. I need some real life experience!

Nexus S
    + Always latest Android OS; can also load non-market apps
    + NFC support
    + Stock google experience phone; no GUI overlay
    - Costs an arm and a leg
    - Only available from Negri

Moto Atrix
    + Much better price, with contract renewal
    + Better hardware; better battery life
    + 4G support
    - Blur UI; delayed OS updates
    - Can't root and install newer OS or ROM without sideloading/restrictions
    - AT&T sideloading, restricted to approved market apps

I know n00bs come on here all the time and ask the same question, I assure you I'm not a n00b at all...just keep seeing conflicting reviews of each, and was wanting to put them head-to-head so I can make the best informed decision possible. I look forward to your valuable input, thanks!
    04-25-2011 08:29 PM
    I say Nexus S, pure Google and fast updates are really all I need.
    04-25-2011 09:16 PM
    Oh, I almost forgot 4G support for Atrix. Added it to the above list. Although not in my area yet, I'm sure I wouldn't mind having that in the future.

I guess the REAL question is, $199 Moto Atrix OR $550 Nexus S? Is the Nexus S really worth the price difference?
    04-25-2011 09:57 PM
    Nexus S, Atrix 4G is a VERY dull device, it's sort of how the iPad 2 is not able to be jailbroken yet, and if you enjoy that kind of stuff you will be bored like crazy. The bootloader is locked down. Also the Atrix 4G is said to be slow, even with the amazing specs it cannot take advantage of these specs, and Motoblur could also be the culprit.

Sent from my Xoom
    04-26-2011 12:49 AM
    Watching the video the benchmarks on the attrix blow it away. But when you watch real time use depending on the app it looks like a 50/50 split on which load quicker on certain apps.

Guy at work had the attrix. I like it. But after getting burnt by samsung software I'm leaning towards getting a nexus from sprint. (i don't have 4g here yet) v the new evo. I want updates and new features yesterday. That's my pull toward the nexus.

And what are the specs doing on the phone if google phone isn't dual core yet? They aren't going to make things that don't work with single core obviously.
    04-29-2011 05:35 PM