2.3.4 Rolling out now. Official thread HERE!!

chuckj7777

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Nexus S purchased from Rogers in Canada

2.3.4 is now officially rolling out OTA, post status reports and how its working for you here.

DOWNLOAD LOCATION: http://android.clients.google.com/p...749.signed-soju-GRJ22-from-GRI40.a14a2dd0.zip

Brings Bug fixes
And Video Chat!!

OTA coming over the next few weeks.

~~@GoogleNexus

What's the surprise?

Update-- The surprise was a second puzzle to win a Nexus S, nothing really important to us.

I tried the procedure a number of times and i keep getting a error
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I think this update is only for the T-Mobile Nexus S. Is anyone who has another version were you able to download this update? I think that could be the reason for the error message for some.

Reactions: scottabutler

svprsk

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Installation Error on GRI54

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/buils.prop"
, "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/so ju/crespo
:2.3.3/GRI40/102588:user/release-keys" ||
file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fin
gerprint") == "google/so ju/crespo:2.3.4/GRJ22/12
1341:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

See the third line of the installation error message. I believe it is only for build number GRI40!!! :confused:

Could anyone please find update for GRI54 Indian version....

Thanks

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
OK I'd just like to report that video calling works both on WiFi and 3G in at least my country. It's pretty lag-free even with my slow connection (less than 1MB/s). Screen color remains unchanged (same as 2.3.3) and GPS works but isn't as solid as I would think ideal.

skyler0

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that the GRI54 update, available here, did not work for my Canadian Koodo Nexus S (GR154).

The original ( a14a2dd09749.signed-soju-GRJ22-from-GRI40.a14a2dd0.zip ) didn't work either.

pingpongitore

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I also can confirm that this does not work for the AT&T compatible GRI54 Nexus S. Fails with the same error messages everyone else is seeing. Seems kinda funny Google wouldn't release the file for all of the GSM radios.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I also can confirm that this does not work for the AT&T compatible GRI54 Nexus S. Fails with the same error messages everyone else is seeing. Seems kinda funny Google wouldn't release the file for all of the GSM radios.

Probably one of the methods Google uses to pace the updates. I'm guessing the 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 update is smaller, then the GRI54, then the GR78C, etc, etc.

EDIT:
That said, looks like XDA has a working download, at least for the i9023. Check it out here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056062

Last edited:

evaradar

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I also have the Canadian version of the Nexus S from Fido and tried updating it manually from the file provided by Google, like the rest on here and no luck.

Would be nice if they can fix this issue.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Would be nice if they can fix this issue.

I don't think it's anything really to fix. It's just a matter of having to wait for them to release the OTA package signed for your version of the Nexus S.

Remember the file is not provided by Google, per se. The file is meant to be sent OTA to your phone, not downloaded directly. Folks just found that they can pull the URL from the logs on their phones. So when an update is received, they pull the URL and publish it. That way we impatient types can download directly and install the file! :D

Grimmy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I think this update is only for the T-Mobile Nexus S. Is anyone who has another version were you able to download this update? I think that could be the reason for the error message for some.

Works on the UK Sim-free version from Carphone Warehouse. I'm guessing it won't work on the UK Vodafone version - the UK Vodafone Nexus One is still on 2.2.1 :-[

(Note: By Vodafone - I mean the phone bought from Vodafone, not using a Vodafone SIM :) )