So I've been using the Nexus S for a while now(about 3 months). And the other day, after I plugged in the headphones to listen to music, the external speaker stopped working after I unplugged them.

It worked intermittently afterwards but then stopped all together.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this same issue and if there is a fix for it other than sending my phone back to Samsung for a repair.

I think it's got to be a short in the headphone jack or something sticking since it was intermittent. That's the only thing I can think of since it hasn't been dropped at all.

Any help or a link to the rear speaker module part so I can do a direct replacement would be great.

Thanks in advance folks!
    05-01-2011 10:38 AM
    That happens from time to time. Just plug in and unplug and spin the cord around a little and it should start working again. The little metal tabs inside sometimes get stuck causing it too stay in that mode.
    Arasin likes this.
    05-04-2011 03:56 PM
    Thanks,

I've tried all of that though, and to no avail, Still no sound. I've wiggled it as much as possible, so i don't think any are stuck and the music stops playing when i disconnect the headphones via the sensor. At this poin, all i'm doing is really looking for anyone with information about how to obtain the rear speaker part itself, not just the ribbon cable that's on multiple sites.
    05-08-2011 12:42 PM
    NEXUS S rear loud speaker finally for sale

i looked around for a nexus s rear speaker module and was unsuccessful, then i asked someone selling other nexus s parts if they can get it, they can and did , now its available on ebay

F7 Speaker Flex Cable For Samsung i9020 Google Nexus S | eBay
    title is

F7 Speaker Flex Cable For Samsung i9020 Google Nexus S
    if youy want to search for it that way
    08-01-2011 09:38 AM
    I am having the same issue as you with my Nexus S.

After I plugged in my headphone jack, the rear speaker stopped working.

I was wondering if you fixed your problem and if so, how you did it?

I would appreciate your reply.

Regards.
    08-31-2011 06:57 PM
    What I meant to ask is:

Were you able to solve your speaker problem by replacing the faulty speaker with the new part mentioned by @intelcrash ?
    09-11-2011 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD