Google Music: Beta Review

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was really nice, the interface on the web browser was great but I was mainly interested in the interface on my Nexus S and Xoom. Needless to say, I was both impressed and disappointed. Some of the music shows up twice, which is really annoying. Playback is nice and smooth, which was great and I thought that the way it uploads is better than Amazon Cloud music, faster too. Overall I think it is great, but the apps on phones and tablets really needs an improvement as it isn't as intuitive or logical as you think, you would assume that files you already have on your SD card on your device would be detected and therefore just be played natively on your device, but some of it just duplicates which makes playing your local media a little more confusing( if you are on a tablet such as a Xoom, then you have the option to disable online content, cannot find this on the Gingerbread app on my Nexus S).

It's great, but that Beta in the name really falls through 100% considering that the local media content is unorganized. Just an example on what I am talking about:

One Day As A Lion, I only have one album by them ( hell, they only have one album lol). I have it on my Xoom already( not on my Nexus S though) so I add it to the cloud and now it shows that I have two albums of the same name with very similar album art under the same artist. Very confusing.

I will be using it further to see how well it performs. I play music A LOT. So I expect to find some cool things and some glitches.

Sent from my Xoom

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i think the point is to remove all your locally stored music so that you only have the cloud, that way you dont have dups.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
i think the point is to remove all your locally stored music so that you only have the cloud, that way you dont have dups.

If that were the case it would be a whole lot more consistent, only some of my albums duplicate... same files on my Nexus S, Xoom, and computer. By the way playback on CR-48 is great, I bet they had Google Chrome OS in mind when they made this.

Sent from my Nexus S

zaqer

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Received my invitation 5 days ago, and the upload is going very slowly. I don't have the fastest upload speed in the world, lol. But I like it so far; no doubling of songs that are already on the SD card, syncing is almost instant, and playback is smooth.

zaqer

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
haha still waiting, still stuck with a 1st gen ipod touch....

I have the 1st gen ipod touch as well. The thing just keeps going and going. There were a couple of occasions where I thought that it was dead, but with a reset, all was well again.

However, even with all this Google Music, Amazon, and iCloud things going on, the thought of getting a good old classic iPod is very appealing. 160GB of music that is not dependent upon one's access to the internet.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
only issue i have with it is when im offline it doesnt show what music is ava for playing, all my songs are greyed out, some i songs i can play but some say cant play until online mode. i have the option checked hide unavailable music still doesnt work..other than that i love it real easy to use and works great