Help, need to go back to factory rom!

jaymccloud

May 8, 2011
Visit site
ok i have the cm7 and thunderc custom recovery on my p509, everytrhing is ok except the camera is broken, i forgot to nand backup before i flashed cm7 so im stuck. i downloaded the lg electronics update tool and it asks me if i want to install the update which will overwrite my os... will this brick my phone because im on cm7 or will it work? i have searched for factory rom and cannot find anything.. i went to the site 'http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP509BK/ATMOBK/V10l_00/V10L_00.kdz' and it says not found. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaymccloud

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help!!! Need to go back to factory rom!!!!

i opened the kdz updater and selected that file i downloaded.. the v10s and then do i put it in emergency mode or what?
please help! thanks

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help!!! Need to go back to factory rom!!!!

i opened the kdz updater and selected that file i downloaded.. the v10s and then do i put it in emergency mode or what?
please help! thanks
Forget the kdz updater. Download the LG Support tool and follow the onscreen instructions. Select P509xx. xx=color. This will install the most recent stock rom recovery and baseband. Returning you to completely stock.

LG Mobile Support

el3men7

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
i tried that, and it told me that it could not install i think its because i have a custom rom on it, but i'll give it a try again!
Hi Jaymccloud,

Turducken is correct that the LG Mobile Support tool is the easiest and most user friendly way to flash back to a stock recovery image. However, it only works if your current ROM is out of date. In your case, I'm guessing it detects that you have a more up to date version installed, and so it refuses to flash. I'd recommend one of the following options:

1. (Less preferable option, IMHO) Flash an Android 2.2.2 ROM. For example, you could use the KDZ updater to flash the official V10S (Android 2.2.2) ROM. If you flash with KDZ, then the baseband (radio) will also get reflashed. On the other hand, if you flash a custom 2.2.2 ROM via a recovery image, then you will need to either already have the old baseband (i.e. not the 2.3.3 baseband), or need to have flashed Mik's new-baseband-patch to downgrade. The advantage of using Mik's baseband patch is that you won't lose your data, but the disadvantage is that data doesn't currently work.
* The old baseband is required for 2.2.2 and 2.3.4 images, and the new baseband for 2.3.3 images. For more details on flashing the baseband, see [HOWTO] Flashing baseband (radio) via LGMDP.exe - xda-developers

2. More preferably, flash an Android 2.3.3 ROM intended for the P500 family. In my opinion this is a better alternative to the 2.2.2 ROMs, as well as the 2.3.4 ROMs (until mik's new-baseband-patch supports data). The P500 ROMs are fully compatible with the P509 phone, with the exception that they won't have T-Mobile customizations (for example, may have vodaphone bookmarks and APN configurations). This should be fine, since both the application and baseband images are compatible; you just need to make sure that you set your APN correctly to get the data plan working.

Assuming that you choose option #2, you should follow these steps to flash a 2.3.3 ROM from your current state, regardless of what that may be (sorry about the xda-developers links, they just have more information than androidcentral at the moment):
1. Choose a 2.3.3 V20G ROM from [STICKY][REF][UPDATED 2011-07-13 12:21 GMT+1] Repository of HOWTOs, ROMs, MODs, etc. - xda-developers
2. Suppose for example that you chose [ROM] (OFFICIAL) GB_@_2.3.3_v2- Power Menu +franco-kernel+New Boot+ How to Guide - xda-developers . You will want to follow all of the instructions under "HOW to Flash the ROM GB_@_2.3.3_v2", but do NOT follow the instructions for "How to change ROM Easily". Those instructions are intended for people who want to switch from the 2.3.3 ROM to a 2.2.2 or 2.3.4 ROM. You want to keep the latest and greatest baseband that was flashed with 2.3.3.
3. Configure your APN, if needed. You most likely want these settings for T-Mobile: xda-developers - View Single Post - T-mobile apn settings
4. That's it, you're done. You should now have root and Clockwork Mod (CWM) 3.1.0.0 recovery.

Please note that I'm not trying to discourage you from trying out one of the 2.2.2 ROMs; I've honestly never used the majority of them. Just make sure that you either A.) Use KDZ updater or LGMDP to downgrade your baseband, or B.) Apply mik's new-baseband-patch to downgrade your baseband. The first option is preferable, but you will lose all your data with a fresh install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis