[ROM] [10.07.2011] NuDroid T1D-S [LG-P509] [Froyo 2.2.2]

acbk

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [10.02.2011] Boodoh V2D [LG-P509] [Froyo 2.2.2]

Interesting, if you still have problems after a complete wipe and reinstall please provide the following:

SIP app your using
PBEX configuration - minus any acct or personal info.
As detailed of a description as you can provide with regards to "not working"

Just thought of something, this rom includes an adblocker. The SIP and/or stun server you're connecting to may accidentally have been included in your HOSTS. Disable the adblocker, reboot and try again.

OK, So i installed the ROM again. And SIP didn't work with exact same settings as i did in factory ROM.

I was using SIPDroid and basically as soon as I configure my user/password/proxy/host it shows a green dot if i am using factory ROM. But here it keeps switching between yellow and red dot.

So i installed another app, CSipSimple. This one worked but somehow this app is very painful to use. Then i tried another app VoXMobile. This one worked too. So i guess it's SIPDroid which is not working. Not sure why one app wouldn't work but other would. But anyway i have a solution till i hit another problem.

Thanks for trying to debug the issue with me.

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

OK, So i installed the ROM again. And SIP didn't work with exact same settings as i did in factory ROM.

I was using SIPDroid and basically as soon as I configure my user/password/proxy/host it shows a green dot if i am using factory ROM. But here it keeps switching between yellow and red dot.

So i installed another app, CSipSimple. This one worked but somehow this app is very painful to use. Then i tried another app VoXMobile. This one worked too. So i guess it's SIPDroid which is not working. Not sure why one app wouldn't work but other would. But anyway i have a solution till i hit another problem.

Thanks for trying to debug the issue with me.

This is strange - try flashing the latest .32 CFS version of francos kernel/remove the tweaks script. Next thought would be remove darktremors script. From there I'm thinking issues with the recompiling of certain apks (compression settings used?).

Unfortunatly, I think I've stumbled upon the tethering fix for the .35 kernel and I've made it my priority to confirm this.

I'd have to install this rom and SIPDroid to recreate the prob and I'm pretty busy right now. :(

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

i was considering removing the adfree app and just adding in a host file to prevent needing the app

Try AdAway, it's opensource with alot more options. I don't like the idea of a hosts file only, no way for the user to update it or remove if they have probs.

acbk

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

did you ever run any of the earlier versions of this rom?
if you did, did the sip program work correctly?

if both of those answer with a yes - then i would remove 99complete from the /system/etc/init.d directory and try your program again
this would be the speed tweaks added in
also remove the following from build.prop -

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

the tweaks and those 5 lines were added in the V2xxx versions

the 1xxx versions are without much modding

let us know will you?

Well i am still a newbie. I got this phone 2 days back and this is my first Android. Started reading about rooting/rom etc. Still not clear of many things mentioned here. But just to summarize this was the first ROM i tried and the first version was V2D.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Well i am still a newbie. I got this phone 2 days back and this is my first Android. Started reading about rooting/rom etc. Still not clear of many things mentioned here. But just to summarize this was the first ROM i tried and the first version was V2D.

i understand being new =)
we all start somewhere - in a month - you'll be helping people with theirs
if you have the evening free - maybe - go to the 2nd post and download V1.2 or V1.3
install one of those and see if your problem is still present - if its not - then,
i would predict that the error lies with the speed tweaks in V2D. i can then pull the tweaks and post
a new version with the goodies from V2D. i need to do a few other adjustments and add flashplayer to V3 soon.
if the problem still is present in V1.2 or V1.3 - i would assume its kernel related then.
i will either have to make a version with stock kernel or change to another kernel.
i hate having you be the tester, but, i have no knowledge of what you and turducken are talking about with those programs.
let me know what you decide

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

turducken - what is a different kernel that you would suggest for froyo?

aeroseek

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I'm trying this rom after running cm7 for a while. Question is, what is the best way to disable or preferably remove darktremor a2sd? I prefer using link2sd personally and I'm not sure what bad things will happen if the two coexist.

Thanks,
-J

acbk

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

i understand being new =)
we all start somewhere - in a month - you'll be helping people with theirs
if you have the evening free - maybe - go to the 2nd post and download V1.2 or V1.3
install one of those and see if your problem is still present - if its not - then,
i would predict that the error lies with the speed tweaks in V2D. i can then pull the tweaks and post
a new version with the goodies from V2D. i need to do a few other adjustments and add flashplayer to V3 soon.
if the problem still is present in V1.2 or V1.3 - i would assume its kernel related then.
i will either have to make a version with stock kernel or change to another kernel.
i hate having you be the tester, but, i have no knowledge of what you and turducken are talking about with those programs.

OK just to troubleshoot i installed V1.2. Tried SIPDroid and still the same issue. So as i understand it is kernel related. Is kernel flashed separately or it comes with the ROM?

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I'm trying this rom after running cm7 for a while. Question is, what is the best way to disable or preferably remove darktremor a2sd? I prefer using link2sd personally and I'm not sure what bad things will happen if the two coexist.

Thanks,
-J

hey aeroseek
i've seen your name around the V forums a bit =)
i'll work on a L2SD version tonight - please look for it tomorrow afternoon
it will include miks oc kernel
i've been meaning to keep that version updated - not everyone likes Da2sd mod
check back soon

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

turducken - what is a different kernel that you would suggest for froyo?

I'd use the CFS version of this kernel:

[KERNEL][04 SEP]franco.Kernel |.v19.4| 2.6.32.46

The kernel you've included was compiled with CM7 in mind. It also includes the Wifi module which is where the issue with SIPDroid might be.

If you can give me a day or two I'll logcat that sucker and getter fixed. Unless you're up for it ;)
alogcat (on the market) is very useful.

logcat is disabled in the kernel I recommend BTW

Also, there's no such thing as too many releases, only too few. CM7 releases nightlies which is a huge plus for geeks :p

Another way to rule out kernel conflict, install the stock kernel and modules and see if SIPDroid works.

Last edited:

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Remember to remove ALL those tweaks and scripts. If you've read my posts at XDA I'm "anti tweaks & scripts". Not all but if I can't confirm that it's effective I don't use it... I'm down to about 3-4 scripts and 1-2 build.prop tweaks. For debugging it's easier to add them back one by one than to remove them one by one.

Last tip before I sign off, install the launcher on the system partition. If someone does a data wipe they'll end up in a boot loop cuz there's no launcher to load. :confused:

Oh yeah... keep hitting the thanks... I like the points! :D

P.S. There are some guys who get hooked and have a tough time balancing Android dev and real life. It'll be waiting when you get home. I work behind a keyboard with free reign so it's easy to sneak it in while I'm working but my real life ALWAYS comes first.

Last edited:
Reactions: arhtard

aeroseek

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

hey aeroseek
i've seen your name around the V forums a bit =)
i'll work on a L2SD version tonight - please look for it tomorrow afternoon
it will include miks oc kernel
i've been meaning to keep that version updated - not everyone likes Da2sd mod
check back soon

Thanks arhtard! I didn't expect such personal service lol. I'm actually quite impressed with what you have done here. Cm7 is nice and all, but the little bugs are starting to, um...bug me.
I use CWM, so edify recovery.

-J

acbk

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

ahh acbk you went to bed! lol
i am headed that way myself
will post links to V3 roms (including yours) tomorrow morning

Well i am in east coast. Was too late for me :). Will pick it up today when you post it...

Thanks,
-BK

gpsuf

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Hello arhtard,

I downloaded V2D and installed from scratch but the foreign characters are still not displayed properly in web and email. In my case it is Vietnamese. I searched a little bit and I found this link, How to Install and Add Hebrew, Arabic and Unsupported Language Fonts to Android Phone ? My Digital Life where they suggested to replace the DroidSansFallback.ttf.

I will try tonight and see how it goes. They said that I should use terminal and then change the file. I wonder if I can also replace the file 'DroidSansFallback.ttf' directly inside the ROM.zip (found under system/fonts) and re-install the ROM, as typing on the screen is not fun? If so, can I use normal winzip or winrar to unzip the content and then zip the content back?

Also does anyone know where I can get the original ROM?

arhtard, thank you so much for your help to everybody.

aeroseek

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Just wondering if the TWOS bug is in this rom because I've noticed the "fix" being applied at boot.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Hello arhtard,

I downloaded V2D and installed from scratch but the foreign characters are still not displayed properly in web and email. In my case it is Vietnamese. I searched a little bit and I found this link, How to Install and Add Hebrew, Arabic and Unsupported Language Fonts to Android Phone ? My Digital Life where they suggested to replace the DroidSansFallback.ttf.

I will try tonight and see how it goes. They said that I should use terminal and then change the file. I wonder if I can also replace the file 'DroidSansFallback.ttf' directly inside the ROM.zip (found under system/fonts) and re-install the ROM, as typing on the screen is not fun? If so, can I use normal winzip or winrar to unzip the content and then zip the content back?

Also does anyone know where I can get the original ROM?

arhtard, thank you so much for your help to everybody.

i wouldnt unzip it but-
i would open it with 7zip as "browsing mode" and drag the new files into the rom
you may have to disable signature verification in your recovery before flashing
here is a link to 7zip - Download
that actually makes sense - the fonts have been changed to ubuntu - if you would like - i can make a flashable zip file with the original fonts

EDIT:
here is a flashable (amend script) zip with the original fonts
this should fix your "foreign characters problem"
sorry for your troubles
Original Fonts ----> attached to this post = see below

Last edited:

gpsuf

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

EDIT:
here is a flashable (amend script) zip with the original fonts
this should fix your "foreign characters problem"
sorry for your troubles
Original Fonts ----> attached to this post = see below

Great. But could you please upload the edify version? BTW is there a way to edit the Amend script to edify?

Thank you.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Great. But could you please upload the edify version? BTW is there a way to edit the Amend script to edify?

Thank you.

Try this file out
I changed it to edify
Let me know how it turns out plz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech