Use of personallized Ringtones..

hjparnes

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Good morning and sorry if this question is redundant.
I know you can set a inported ringtone for incomming calls. How do you set other notifications like messages or calendar with inported ringtones other than the standard stock tones.
Thanks for the help.
Hjparnes

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have root I suggest this:

Custom ringtones and notifications

If you have root, just add your desired ringtone to system/media/audio/ringtones.

Changing your sms ringtone - open sms like you're going to send a text and press the menu button>settings>Notification settings>Select ringtone

Dig through all of Androids menus. Press the menu key in every app and window you'll be surprised at how many hidden menus and options are available.

hjparnes

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I did not find a directory in my phones root labeled system/media/audio/ringtones. Are you saying I should add this directory into it??

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Dunno if this is universal, but I used to have an Optimus S and they're pretty much the same as the T. Try a folder on your sd card called MEDIA/audio/notifications for sms, calendar, etc.

I have a handful there. They have worked on both android phones i've owned.

I've also made my own with the MP3 ringtone maker from the market, you can specify whether you want to save what you made as a ringtone, alarm, or notification sound.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I did not find a directory in my phones root labeled system/media/audio/ringtones. Are you saying I should add this directory into it??

This folder already exists. In order to access it:

1. You need to have rooted your phone
2a. Use a file explorer with root access to your system partition (ex Root Explorer)
2b. Use ADB tool to push the ringtone to the folder (2a is much easier)

EDIT - I apologize, the above method does work but there's an easier way and this doesn't require root.

Create a folder on your sdcard called "ringtones". You can place it inside of another folder, it doesn't matter where. The folder just needs to be named "ringtones". Add your ringtones to it and then reboot it will then be available to select.

The same can be done with a folder called "notifications". Then add you sms tones to it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc