question about roms and services

nikdemon

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
well i have.an optimus T
i wanna find a gingerbread rom i cant decide what one would be the best
also if i find one will i still have phone services? aka text talk.and web and wifi and all that??????

DXM31

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Which ROM is the best depends on what you want or like.
I am running CM 7.2 which is a battery killer for some reason.
Before I was using CM 7.1 which the battery would last all day but there is no offline charging.
Those are the only two I have tried. Talk, text, web, wifi... work on both.
There should be a stable release of ICS for the Optimus One/T soon, something else to look in to.
Anyway just give it a try if you don't like it restore the backup...be sure you make a backup.

As a side note if you try to follow the sticky at the top of this thread to root/backup/rom without touching a computer, you will quickly find out it is out of date and some of the links don't work.

fratermus

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Which ROM is the best depends on what you want or like.
I am running CM 7.2 which is a battery killer for some reason.

In my case bluetooth was draining the battery rapidly. Turning off BT when not in use makes a huge difference in my case. I use CM7.2 RC and it drains about 1%/hr with BT off.

DXM31

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
In my case bluetooth was draining the battery rapidly. Turning off BT when not in use makes a huge difference in my case. I use CM7.2 RC and it drains about 1%/hr with BT off.

I am running RC1 and BT is usually turned off unless I am listening to music, but wifi is always on because I use
the phone with GrooveIP and GV with and no service from Tmo so the cell radio is turned off.
It is basically my home phone.
Wifi is my biggest draw on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC